Monkey Kung Fu

Posted by: ironmonkeycrane

Monkey Kung Fu - 07/14/08 11:42 AM

Hello, I currently practice monkey kung fu (Tai Shin Pek War) and am looking for some information on it.
Posted by: everyone

Re: Monkey Kung Fu - 07/14/08 02:16 PM

Who are you learning it from? How long have you been practicing? What kind of information are you looking for? Spacific questions?
Posted by: JKogas

Re: Monkey Kung Fu - 07/14/08 04:34 PM

CRAZY Monkey Kung Fu??? Thats what I am practicing. I gotta say it's pretty good.

-John
Posted by: oldman

Re: Monkey Kung Fu - 07/14/08 10:09 PM

I didn't know "Chico" was goin all CMA
Posted by: IExcalibui2

Re: Monkey Kung Fu - 07/14/08 10:42 PM

maybe google or wikipedia can help you out??
Other than acting similar to a monkey and movement designed to dodge many oncoming attacks I can't really tell you much about monkey kung fu.
Posted by: ashe_higgs

Re: Monkey Kung Fu - 07/15/08 12:59 PM

paulie zink is pretty well recognized as being the authority on monkey style in the west.

paulie zink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9LuDyoI5_Y
Posted by: puffadder

Re: Monkey Kung Fu - 07/15/08 02:13 PM

I study and teach monkey style as part of the kung fu system I have studied for 25 years.
The monkey is among the most agile of animals with arms as strong as its legs. It leaps and rolls then grabs and strikes with amazing rapidity. The style is ideally suited to short individuals as the monkey is adept at grabbing an opponent, pulling them down to it's level then delivering rapid fire strikes and kicks. It is a playful creature that taunts its prey then comes in under an attack and uses short range strikes and throws often rolling over the opponent when he’s on the floor. It is a physically demanding style to learn but develops agility, quick thinking and the ability not to take life too seriously.