COOLEST GIFT!

Posted by: SNieves

COOLEST GIFT! - 02/14/08 03:22 PM

Excuse the caps but I am excited

First some background before my inquiry: I regularly visited a Chinese Restaurant for their Hot & Sour soup (this dish literally made me feel better after consuming it). One day while waiting for my order the owner noticed I was reading a Karate book (Bubishi by McCarthy). She asked what I was reading and I showed it to her. She recognized much of the Kanji and gave me some translations. She asked if I studied "Gong Fu" and I told her sort of, it's Karate. She said great. A few weeks later she saw me and said: "show me your Gong Fu". I performed for her Uechi Sanchin & Konshu, and Unoko (little bird) our system's "house" kata. She then showed me her Yang Style Tai Chi form. It was, in a word, beautiful. She gave me pointers on my breath (BREATH NATURAL! NO HARD!).

A few weeks ago I found out they were closing down and she said she would be going to China with her husband. She asked for my address and told me she would send me something from there. Great!

Fast forward to today: I got a phone call that she was driving to my area and wanted to hand me my gift. She handed me two Martial Arts instructional DVD's. One is Shao Lin Luo Han Quan, which I think I recognize. The other is Fan Zi Quan. I have NEVER heard of this quan. Would one of you happen to know what it is and provide a link to websites about the style?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Osu.
Posted by: Victor Smith

Re: COOLEST GIFT! - 02/14/08 04:10 PM

I know I posted YouTube links on Fan Tzi Quan a few months ago. If you search YouTube you'll likely find some interesting clips.
Posted by: SNieves

Re: COOLEST GIFT! - 02/14/08 04:19 PM

What I found on YouTube showed Jet Li performing on his world tour as a child...

Ok found a few clips. Looks like a cross between Hsing I and Tai Chi with a bit of Wing Chun punching in it. Any links to website describing/detailing the style?

Osu.