Ninja defeats Kung-Fu monk?

Posted by: hunterkell

Ninja defeats Kung-Fu monk? - 08/31/07 01:05 PM

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/shaolin-mon...03?ecid=RSS0001

Is this a true story and does anyone else have any information about this?

I would think a monk (or for that matter a monastery) would be above caring what some idjit posted on the internet?

K
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Ninja defeats Kung-Fu monk? - 08/31/07 01:14 PM

Ongoing thread here :

http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/s...;gonew=1#UNREAD
Posted by: hunterkell

Re: Ninja defeats Kung-Fu monk? - 08/31/07 01:59 PM

Cool, thanks for the info.

K
Posted by: shantungks

Re: Ninja defeats Kung-Fu monk? - 09/01/07 01:20 PM

Well the temple is not the same it used to be. That was well taken care of by Mao in the 60's. But he saw it could make money but he instructed that the real Shaolin not be taught. Also the way this challenges are done pretty much speak from themselves, weak. If one really has the urge to find out how someone is you go to their school or training area and challenge them right there on the spot. Go at it and get it over with and you win in a way that they wont talk smack afterwards. This deal of demanding an apology and this ninja saying I beat them. Well weak. He could have but is not appropriate to talk about it. Well I hope the monks quit demanding an apology and sent someone to take care of business. Show the world this ninja's head or at least a picture of how he is out and torn up. Did he not insult the Shaolin temple with those statements? hehehe
Posted by: ashe_higgs

Re: Ninja defeats Kung-Fu monk? - 09/01/07 05:27 PM

a) if there's no video, it didn't happen.

b) there is a sanda team being trained at the temple now.

c) there was already an open competition between japanese shorinji (shaolin) fighters and chinese shaolin fighters in the 80's and the japanese cleaned house.
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: Ninja defeats Kung-Fu monk? - 09/02/07 09:32 AM

Quote:

c) there was already an open competition between japanese shorinji (shaolin) fighters and chinese shaolin fighters in the 80's and the japanese cleaned house.

Any video of this?

Re: Ninja defeats Kung-Fu monk? - 09/02/07 03:08 PM

there is but i can't remember the name of the video i saw it on or how i would search for it on the net.

i'm pretty sure that i saw it on some documentary i got from netflix.
Posted by: VietPanda

Re: Ninja defeats Kung-Fu monk? - 09/03/07 06:36 AM

I've seen some videos on youtube of karate vs kungfu (they seriously don't show anything, because i suspect that some are acted and the rest are clearly unexperienced. And also, only tests one style of karate with one style of kungfu, etc.etc.)

However, i doubt such an event - ninja vs shaolin, ever happened
If it was such a glorified event, why didnt anyone record it?

Re: Ninja defeats Kung-Fu monk? - 09/04/07 12:21 AM

Quote:

I've seen some videos on youtube of karate vs kungfu (they seriously don't show anything, because i suspect that some are acted and the rest are clearly unexperienced. And also, only tests one style of karate with one style of kungfu, etc.etc.)

that's not what i'm talking about. this was an actual lei tai competition.
Posted by: VietPanda

Re: Ninja defeats Kung-Fu monk? - 05/21/08 07:16 AM

Hmmm then if it was an actual lei tai competition then I totally agree with ur first point =D
Posted by: Barad

Re: Ninja defeats Kung-Fu monk? - 05/21/08 08:17 AM

You are responding to a post from September 2007-he has probably forgotten all about it by now!