Chin Woo???

Posted by: GungFuTy

Chin Woo??? - 04/29/07 10:18 PM

Has anyone here heard of this? What they teach or what their training methods are like? I just ran into someone online who belongs to this, and thought I'd check it with our great community here.

The website is:

http://www.chinwoo.org/

Tell me what you think
Posted by: ashe_higgs

Re: Chin Woo??? - 04/30/07 01:52 AM

you've never heard of jing wu?

Re: Chin Woo??? - 04/30/07 02:35 AM

Let me restate. Obviously, considering I posted the web link, I’ve heard of this and know it’s a wide spread international organization (based on what I read). I simply have no experience with any group or person who has been apart of it. To my knowledge there are no Chin Woo associated schools in Utah. Just lacking direct experience.

Maybe I look like a fool...

I have before!
Posted by: pathfinder7195

Re: Chin Woo??? - 04/30/07 06:09 PM

If you have seen the movie "Chinese Connection" starring none other than Bruce Lee, which in the movie his teacher is Huo Yuan Jia. Don't now much about the associotion. If you do find a school that teaches Chin Woo keep us posted.

Kevin
Posted by: ashe_higgs

Re: Chin Woo??? - 04/30/07 06:39 PM

Jing Wu / Chin Woo is the organization started by Huo, YunJia. The Taiji Legacy Tournament held in Texas every summer is hosted by Jimmy Wong of the Chin Woo.

Chin Woo USA
Posted by: Victor Smith

Re: Chin Woo??? - 04/30/07 08:48 PM

The Ching Wu (Chin Woo, and other spellings) was an association of instructors each teaching different systems.

The Ching Wu instructors began all of their students with the same 10 forms practices (including two person sets), such as Tam Tuie and Kung Le Kuen. Those forms were complex in their own right. Tam Tuie, Springing Legs, could be a system on its own.

After completion of the basic study, the instructor would then begin teaching their art, such as Northern Mantis (Tai Tong Long), Northern Eagle Claw (Ying Jow Pai) or other systems.

In that all association members had the same core studies, the group was more than just different systems that hung together.

The groups exists world wide. Schools like the NYC Faan Tzi Ying Jow Pai, originally taught by Shum Leung, still begin their students witj the Ching Wu basics.

Re: Chin Woo??? - 05/01/07 12:32 AM

All of this sounds very interesting. I became interested when I saw a form online that looked a lot like the form we do in my sytle.

Anyway. thanks for the responses everyone.
Posted by: ThatSpearGuy

Re: Chin Woo??? - 06/08/07 11:54 PM

I used to compete in tournament throughout the US and met and became friends with some of the students from the Dallas school. Well taught and very friendly.