iron palm video...

Posted by: ashe_higgs

iron palm video... - 03/11/07 12:33 AM

enjoy!
Posted by: Ayub

Re: iron palm video... - 03/11/07 05:22 AM

Did you see the size of his hands?!!

He says he hits that 8Kg bag of iron beads for an hour every single day, and hits it more than 3000 times!!Toughening up that (one) hand. To tell the truth, it looked swollen more than well conditioned, I doubt you can actually train your hand to get so much bigger without something being wrong.

5.40 is the funniest bit, they always have to get the laowai's (foreigner's) reaction in there )

6.30 amateur guy trying to break 2 bricks! That was good too.

At the end theres the 16 year old girl who has practicing internal gongfu, breaks a piece of stone which is placed on tofu, without upsetting the tofu, to show its all internal power (or just [Email]f^&%ing[/Email] body mechanics to some ).

Great video.
Posted by: ashe_higgs

Re: iron palm video... - 03/11/07 11:52 AM

Quote:

At the end theres the 16 year old girl who has practicing internal gongfu, breaks a piece of stone which is placed on tofu, without upsetting the tofu, to show its all internal power (or just [Email]f^&%ing[/Email] body mechanics to some ).

Great video.

is that what that was all about? oi...
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: iron palm video... - 03/12/07 11:05 PM

Quote:

hehe. not so much body mechanics. just physics. the reason for her large arm swing was for speed. the 'trick' to this is just speed. I'm 100% sure I or anyone could do the same....but it's a waste of good tofu.

as to the 'iron hand' segment...yes that was one swollen and perhaps badly set hand. half-way thru he compares his right hand to his left for comparrison. his right hand is definitely damaged goods.
Posted by: Dauragon c mikado

Re: iron palm video... - 03/13/07 01:03 AM

Getting bigger hands is a common charcteristic for people who do palm conditioning, Like me for example!

But anyway, I heard of this other iron palm practitioner around 20-30 years ago who used to dip his hands in hot tar and other crazy things, his right hand was apparently also quite bigger than his left.
He wasn't allowed to handle children or animals with his right hand for some reason (friction burns? )...
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: iron palm video... - 03/13/07 07:37 AM

Why would someone want to damage their body to that extent? Is the money in breaking things that good?
I hope he writes left handed!
Posted by: Dauragon c mikado

Re: iron palm video... - 03/13/07 11:59 AM

I don't think he sees it as damage, And when you have that kind of breaking ability why complain?

But I guess it's what you consider to be a sacrifice in the end...