wudang stuff...

Posted by: ashe_higgs

wudang stuff... - 02/01/07 12:37 PM

wudang stuff. not exactly my cup of tea but there's some nice things going on here...

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=youlihan

EDIT- i dig their jammies by the way!
Posted by: MattJ

Re: wudang stuff... - 02/01/07 12:53 PM

Wasn't too impressed with the push-hands there. Meh.
Posted by: ShikataGaNai

Re: wudang stuff... - 02/01/07 03:50 PM

I thought it was dirty dancing or something
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: wudang stuff... - 02/04/07 09:56 AM

Not too shabby!!
Although I see everything moving together it looks more hand method oriented and could use some core/shen fa work. (Maybe it is there and is being hidden in the jammies?)
Some of the kick in the Zhaobao Taiji look a bit unrooted. The timing and landing of the skip steps and kicks could be done just a little different so that the wave of power would be allowed to extend a bit further. Within the Zhaobao there is a great demonstration of flexibility. He doesn't heave up to get out of the lower stances.

I liked how they showed their progression in the push hands. Different single hands circles flowing into each other and then flowing into to suping tui shou. Some of the applications at the end were kind of neat. Although they were definitely cooperative. Probably for the benefit of the demonstration.

Personally I do think that the demo of You Li Han doing the Bagua and Xingyi were a bit bouncy and external for my flavor but it is not bad stuff.
Posted by: ashe_higgs

Re: wudang stuff... - 02/05/07 12:23 PM

well, yo know...

the wudang stuff is all as wushu as the shaolin stuff these days. "TEH REAL" is all hidden away here and there.