1986 Lei Tai Video

Posted by: JustGuess

1986 Lei Tai Video - 07/28/06 12:17 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIuUeu2B3qA&search=lei%20tai

I saw this a while ago, and thought I should share this. Supposedly this is from around with they were starting to allowing contact MA competitions in China again.

I see some good things, and some bad things. They would be pretty rusty from not having much chance to really practice for a while, so it's only to be expected.
Posted by: IExcalibui2

Re: 1986 Lei Tai Video - 07/28/06 12:43 AM

haha thats pretty cool, wish they had more videos of the old to see how they were. Well this helped to pave way for your modern day San Da. These guys helped to invent something without even knowing, kudos to them.
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: 1986 Lei Tai Video - 07/28/06 08:38 AM

What are the good things you see?
What are the bad things?
Posted by: JustGuess

Re: 1986 Lei Tai Video - 07/28/06 01:26 PM

Good things, they're obviously trying to hit each other. Full contact is always a plus in my book. I also saw some nice takedowns.

Bad things, the sound track for one. It makes it harder to take the video seriously. One part looked like it turned into a slapping contest instead of real fighting. The people that tried jump kicks, idiots all of them.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: 1986 Lei Tai Video - 07/28/06 01:51 PM

I liked the kick-catching and takedowns. Unclear about what types of strikes are allowed besides kicks? Overall, I liked it.