school in china

Posted by: zenplanet

school in china - 06/15/06 07:46 AM

hi all,
do any of you know this school Chan Wu Academy or click here if you want to skip their intro ? any comments?
thx
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: school in china - 06/15/06 12:17 PM

Looks like it may be fun for someone who has an intrest in kungfu.

Do you have any experience with this school?
Posted by: songmei

Re: school in china - 06/16/06 06:25 AM

well, personally, its good fun. its family run, meaning its a small school and its located in a rural village, outside of the busy (and dirty) cities. its not like some of the larger schools, with up to 50students per class! the chinese students train together with foreigners and the usual class size is around 5. everbody eats together (master and all students), like a family. there is a daily language exchange between the chinese and western students, and at the weekends we sometimes go to town or to visit sites around the area. things are basic, no luxury treatment or 'holiday camp'. just many hours of hard training.

till soon
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: school in china - 06/16/06 08:09 AM

songmei,

Did you spend some time at this school?
Posted by: IExcalibui2

Re: school in china - 06/16/06 10:09 AM

oh man..I wish I could just leave school to go to a MA school like this...actually anywhere would be fine. Academics = sucks! Please share your experience!

Also I like how they say this Shaolin Kungfu "is a fighting art, and the Sanda training brings back the fighting aspect to the forms." now all you have to do is substitute Shaolin Kungfu with something else, that gives u the true nature of every MA out there.
Posted by: songmei

Re: school in china - 06/18/06 07:27 PM

yes, i have been at the school and i am currently there. i like it. i've visited and been to other schools, too. the main difference is that at the chan wu school you get to learn about the chinese culture/way of life first hand. you are not stuck in a school with several hundreds/thousands of students on a campus, your out in the countryside. the training is good and not just 4h a day. it is as it says on the website, the area is really as rural, and the locals are mainly farmers. too many schools advertise this and that, and when you get there, it looks nothing like the website or what they claim. this school is nothing fancy, its simple, its rural china. if you want a western comfort, well, then i'd say either stay at home or pay loads of money at a different school. if you want a lot of training and culture on top of that, this is the school i recommend. but of course, this is only my personal view. PM me or post if you have any specific questions