"Dit Da Jow" Iron Palm liniment?

Posted by: Long

"Dit Da Jow" Iron Palm liniment? - 02/26/06 12:18 AM

Hello, i am no practioner of kung fu of any kind but my friends practice wing chun and were exposed to a bone hardening "potion" if you want to call it that, I was told it was for iron palm conditioning and did a little research and found something with the same discription called dit da jow.(Iron palm liniment)

I was wondering if it would still be beneficial to use it not for the purpose of practicing Iron Palm which it is used for but for the sole purpose of bone hardening to condition for a different form of MA?
Posted by: Savate

Re: "Dit Da Jow" Iron Palm liniment? - 02/26/06 12:51 AM

It would be good for rubbing out bruises. I doubt you will harden any bones without doing bone hardening exercises and using the iron palm liniment.
Posted by: Uchinanchu

Re: "Dit Da Jow" Iron Palm liniment? - 02/28/06 11:26 AM

I've been using dit da jow for years and swear by it. I use it for arm and leg banging drills to strengthen the bones and tendons as well as speed up recovery time from deep tissue bruising.
Unfortunately, there are many different recipes for jow, all depending on who makes it and for whom it was made.
Your best bet is to visit a doctor of Chinese medicine and tell him/her exactly what you need it for. Then they can tailor the Jow to your specific needs.
Hope this helps. LOL!
Posted by: Long

Re: "Dit Da Jow" Iron Palm liniment? - 03/03/06 03:40 PM

Is there any specific ingredients to look for while trying to find a good dit da jow?
Posted by: Savate

Re: "Dit Da Jow" Iron Palm liniment? - 03/04/06 08:02 PM

Brian Gray makes a good Liniment, and so does my school.

This guy tells something about lininiment:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Palm