Kung Fu forum co-moderator

Posted by: MattJ

Kung Fu forum co-moderator - 02/07/06 08:54 AM

Folks -

I have been putting out feelers for a co-mod on the Kung Fu forum. I have decided to open up the "auditions" as it were. I have some people in mind, but am open to suggestions.

Post here if you are interested or would like to recommend someone.
Posted by: Tezza

Re: Kung Fu forum co-moderator - 02/07/06 03:02 PM

Like I said in the other forum:

I wouldnt mind being the co-mod.
Although if I was going to recommend someone it would have to be Taison.
Good luck everyone
Posted by: LastGURU

Re: Kung Fu forum co-moderator - 02/07/06 05:06 PM

no need to copy...
Posted by: RockHard Huy

Re: Kung Fu forum co-moderator - 02/07/06 09:09 PM

The Guy, because after being mistreated by long time members *cough*oldman*cough*, he did not overreact and resort to pointless(and immature) accusations *cough*oldman*cough*.

Not a serious nomination, just making a point. I think we need someone who will look at all cases equally and not be biased torwards the older members. If I had made the replies to the "Adventures with forms" post that certain modererators had, it would of been locked at pg 2.
Posted by: Taison

Re: Kung Fu forum co-moderator - 02/07/06 10:17 PM

ME!

Although my Shuai Jiao only was for 2 1/2 years. I am quite unbias, responsible, online 3 hours a day, helpful, consistent and I admit if I'm wrong. Anyway, I am always open for suggestions, and reflective.

To be honest I have a few bad points. I don't tolerate insults that much, be it personal, religious, art-wise. I also don't tolerate over-the-truth statements as well, like I have done "TKD" for 2 months and I am now grandmaster or something like that.

This is kinda selfish trying to promote myself. But I do see one guy as being able to do it but he's full up already, Eyrie. And ButterflyPalm is hardly online but he has real good information, Leo is a TKD/Jujutsu expert.

Don't worry I won't troll down the Kung Fu forum. This is quite a quiet forum, so I assume it won't be too much of a work for me. It doesn't get all hot and flamy like the general forum.

-Taison out

ps. . Holding the BAT of Justice, Taison swears he will eradicate any invading trolls.

pss. . "Guy" was being strange, profane and he lacked respect for long time member like Pappa Oldman. He should have read more, posted less. And he avoided important pointers like what poomse he was doing, what authority, etc. It was hard to believe him, thus he was not being honest about his true training. Who knows, he may just be troll with a lot of information.

Re: Kung Fu forum co-moderator - 02/09/06 12:47 PM

Thanks for your suggestions. I will be making an announcement soon.

Re: Kung Fu forum co-moderator - 02/09/06 02:44 PM

Thanks for the replies everybody. After due consideration and much gnashing of teeth, I have decided to ask Fisherman to co-mod the Kung-fu forum. He has graciously accepted. He is a long term, respected member of the forum with relevant Chinese arts experience, and will undoubtedly help to maintain the quality we have come to expect here on the site.
Posted by: harlan

Re: Kung Fu forum co-moderator - 02/09/06 03:19 PM

Welcome aboard, Fisherman.
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: Kung Fu forum co-moderator - 02/09/06 03:50 PM

Fishy-baby! throw us a line.

Kung-Fu fisherman's tacklebox essential:
http://www.wle.com/wholesale/media/W211.jpg

"gawdamit...I hate when I get snagged during a cast!"
snagged

The Fusher Kung:
fisherman
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: Kung Fu forum co-moderator - 02/09/06 04:22 PM

Thanks for the congrats, welcome and the opprotunity to help out.

Ed,
Ahhh, the rope dart. Gets less rusty than the 9 sectional steel whip and can double as a stringer for some mighty big fish!
Posted by: Taison

Re: Kung Fu forum co-moderator - 02/09/06 09:25 PM

Congrats!

I was being childish anyway and my experience with Gung-fu doesn't run as deep as yours.
Congrats again Fisherman, and good luck

-Taison out

*Drags LastGuru and Tezza to the back alley*
Posted by: Tezza

Re: Kung Fu forum co-moderator - 02/10/06 11:19 AM

Congrats Fisherman!!