Taijiquan and Dianxuegong

Posted by: GryphonCommander

Taijiquan and Dianxuegong - 01/24/06 11:15 AM

Does anyone know the connections between Taijiquan and Dim Mak? I've heard from Erle Montaigue's Taijiqorld that Taiji is a Dim Mak improv. Please explain, if anyone is willing to tell me.

Thanks!
Posted by: Taison

Re: Taijiquan and Dianxuegong - 01/24/06 09:51 PM

Isn't Dim Mak when you break the bottow of a set of bricks? Or is it the death-touch?

Anyway, in my view, I repeat, IN MY VIEW, Taiji is the grand ultimate blah blah martial art. Many view this as the martial art when you're old, yet I think you should utilize this NOW. It helps your training, but it kinda looks silly when you're wearing shorts and the MMA gloves and do basic Taiji.

I don't think Taiji is an improvement of another, yet it is it's own art. It can be used for various purposes, like a swiss army knife. It can be used to meditate, heal and hurt other people[self-defense ]

Now, I don't have broad knowledge of the internal, i'm external for most of the time, but I'm gonna go ask ButterflyPalm. He's good at internal gung-fu.

Just gimme a min.
-Taison out
Posted by: trevek

Re: Taijiquan and Dianxuegong - 01/25/06 05:41 AM

I thought Dim Mak was nerve points. Lots of styles of KF have these, not just TCC.
Posted by: BaguaMonk

Re: Taijiquan and Dianxuegong - 01/25/06 07:49 AM

*SIGH*

Dim Mak has NOTHING to do with a death touch.I hate modern Kempo (dillman), all they do is commercialize acupuncture knowledge and use it to knock out women and men who are standing still doing nothing. Also hypnotizing and using power of suggestion to do "no touch knockouts."Any real IMA master, who actually DEVELOPS energy, and not just claims he can use chi balls, knows that this is nearly impossible. Especially since these Kempo hardly know anything about developing energy and whole body intergration (in otherwords, true power in techniques).

Taiji strikes and even joint locks revolve around precision, direction of force, and angles (even more so, BAGUA). So yes, the striking methods of IMA's are definitely revolve around pressurepoint stabbing/hitting (Dim and Da Mak) and even slapping, chopping, and punching.

The only reason the the "death touch" or touch KO even came into being is because internal masters could shift weight and force internally, thus being able to knock out, and possible kill (at forbidenn points) by barely using any movement or from less than an inch away. Same principle as ordinary fa jing, only spirals and energy so refiend that it is hardly visible.

For example real masters, hardly shift weight "visibly" in taji forms (their stances are high as well) becaus they are shifting weight internally and on a VERY subtle level.
Posted by: Kosh

Re: Taijiquan and Dianxuegong - 01/27/06 06:38 PM

*SIGH*

And I "hate" (too strong a word, don`t really care that much anymore ) people who generalize too much...
Posted by: BaguaMonk

Re: Taijiquan and Dianxuegong - 01/28/06 11:45 PM

I just get tired of seeing a Dim Mak topic, on every other board, every other day. And then having people actually believe in no touch knock outs, and that "chi" grants you magical powers. Well not really tired of what I just listed, so much as Dim Mak being called the "death touch" (aka a marketing slogan used by modern day MA schools to lure ignorant first timers).

Someone punches down low, I step forward (sightly angular), springing off my back leg, using my front hand to twist and pull attacking arm down and towards me (while still moving forward) and simultaenously thrust my knife hand into his jugular. Basic xingyi, that could be considered Dim Mak.And if you want to add a bit more, use your front leg to "trap" his front leg, or attack with the tip of your foot the spot that connects the front of the ankle with the shin (it HURTS). This is basic Bagua methodlogy, "every step is a kick"

Or in Taiji, when you Lu (with Peng of course) or An and lead them forwards so they expose their backside and/or neck, you chop them across the back of the head (very dangerous) or "slap" them in the kidneys, while at the same time moving your leg forward and through their knees to sweep them so their head makes contact with floor first.

Gao and Yin style Bagua are almost primarily Dim Mak, as they finger jab all the vital points in body (only not just with fingers, but whole palm).

Wing Chung could use all Dim Mak if it wanted, if you knew the proper angles and had the precision to hit them.

Dim Mak is greatly accelerated and becomes much more effective thanks to the ability to Fa Jing. Without it, it becomes very difficult to knock anyone out, unless they sit there and let you do it (like alot of kempo guys).
Posted by: DummyP

Re: Taijiquan and Dianxuegong - 02/02/06 11:09 AM

hi, does anyone know of an authentic taijiquan lineage in the UK that i might be able to train under?

thanx

Dummy P

-------------------------
Wing Chun Kung Fu