"Royal Dragon" Who is he???

Posted by: Tsuruken

"Royal Dragon" Who is he??? - 01/09/06 12:55 AM

Does anybody here know of one "Royal Dragon" of Tai Zhu lineage?

He posted this on the Cyber Kwoon forum but does not name his instructors:

Quote:

"Simple, I research and practice my art. Some I learned by video (mostly just some form choreography, not much else really), some by live instruction (body structure, mechanics good basics and application/sparring). The system I do now is compiled from about 16 years of research, and is unique to me, but based in Tai Tzu. I have aspects of my Shaolin system mixed in there in the form of curriculem for building basics, and conditioning.

There is no lineage I can site, just as much testing as i can and surrounding myself with as much talent as much as possible, whenever possible.

My skills are my own, and no one else's.

I have a good eye though, and I have a nack for cutting through BS such as people who are more concerned with or tout a lot of rank and lineage, but apparently can't manage simple beginner level fundementals, like standing in a stance right.

My southern Tai Tzu consist of

1. SanZhen
2. Four Doors
3. Cutting Slice
4. Three gates
5. Eight gates
6. Yi Lu

There are also some twoman drills, and various condititoning methods (Modern and traditional).

My Northern Tai Tzu Consist of

1. Basic training is form Shaolin and centered around the form Wu Bu Chuan and Kuang Yun Chuang
2. The Shaolin Tai Tzu Chang Chuan (I know both general public, and a closed door version)
3.A Taiwan version of Tai Tzu Long Fist (plugs right in with the first set, I do it as a second road)
4. 3rd road of Tai Tzu Chuan
5. 4t Road Tai Tzu Chaun
6. 5th road Tai Tzu Chuan
7. 6th road Tai Tzu Chuan
8. 8th Road Tai Tzu Chuan
9. Working on Nine

I also do the Taiji Ruler as corrected by an internal exponent (also who taught me proper structure and mechanics, of which I am ever perfecting)

I know the Chao family Taiji system up to the 37 move form (again, corrected by a very knowledgeable internal exponent.)

I have played with several Southern Tai Jow Cheun Kune Pai sets learned from video (with plans to eventually have personal corrections in time).

I have done, but really don't keep up about 6 Northern Tai Tzu Hong Chuan sets including Xiao and Da Tai Tzu Hong Chuan as well as Tai Tzu Pao Choui and the Tai Tzu Yi Lu Hong Chuan

In the last few years I have done mostly Qi Gong and i was recovering form a back injury, and i settled on just a few basic things to practice figuring a few razor sharp swords are better than a lot of dull ones.

Those being Wu Bu Chuan, the first two Northern roads of my Tai Tzu, and Taij Ruler and a few other basic drills.

I also know a versions of Choy lay fut's 18 Louhan hands, and Shaolin Xi Xi Xue Jing and Yi jin jing, as well as 8 peices of silk brocade, but I don't really keep them sharp right now.

Lately I have been making more of an effort to get a lot of twoman work as my back is fully healed, and it's time to get to buisness again."