Ditang technique

Posted by: 18lohans

Ditang technique - 08/05/05 01:44 AM

I'm currently learning a Shaolin form that contains ditang techniques. One of the movements is the type where you lie on the ground and do some sort of scissor kicking movements. My question is on the movement following it.

Most students in the school just get up, first on their knees, and then on their feet, and finish up the form. I've heard that a variation of it is to do some sort of twist thing where you spring right up to your feet.

Does anyone know what this movement might be called, or how to perform it?
Posted by: Da_Man

Re: Ditang technique - 08/05/05 02:14 AM

Not totally sure, but are you talking about a spinning kip? The thing where if you do continuously, it looks like a windmill.
Posted by: 18lohans

Re: Ditang technique - 08/06/05 01:52 PM

I think a spinning kip might be it. It's unfortunate that I haven't seen anyone doing it in this particular form.

But, isn't a spinning kip just like a regular kip except you land facing where your head was pointing originally?
You did mention it would look like a windmill, though. Does this mean you do a scisor type kick on the ground, and then kip up into a 180 turn?
Posted by: Da_Man

Re: Ditang technique - 08/06/05 08:40 PM

Quote:

I think a spinning kip might be it. It's unfortunate that I haven't seen anyone doing it in this particular form.

But, isn't a spinning kip just like a regular kip except you land facing where your head was pointing originally?
You did mention it would look like a windmill, though. Does this mean you do a scisor type kick on the ground, and then kip up into a 180 turn?

Yeah thats sorta it. Here's a link to a more detailed description: click me.