Kung Fu vs. Kyushin Karate

Posted by: warriormonk

Kung Fu vs. Kyushin Karate - 05/23/05 11:43 AM

I downloaded this clip from Kazaa with these two styles fighting. I believe that the Kyushin dudes were getting there butts kicked. Even though i dont know any thing about it, i could tell they were using drunken methods. it was interesting. THe kung fu guys just kicked them in the face they didn't even take any kind of stance.

Any comments on what kyushin karate is or on the video.
Posted by: Rico

Re: Kung Fu vs. Kyushin Karate - 05/23/05 08:09 PM

You have it the wrong way round, the kung fu guys were getting the crap kicked out of them... they are the druken ones. Dont know much about the videos but it seemed the druken guys wernt very versed in using there style to fight were as the karate guys look like they do a lot of sparing.
Posted by: BaguaMonk

Re: Kung Fu vs. Kyushin Karate - 05/23/05 08:23 PM

Dumb clips, I can't believe anyone even makes comparisons off propagandal ike this. You are talking about the ones on Bullshido, based off a Japanese show, simply showing the styles. The drunken guy had like 382094820420 opportunities to hit him and all he did was bounce around like a dumb ass. That is not how drunken kung fu is. But these days martial art businesses, and even some races will do anything to claim superiority in their arts. Propaganda is big these days.

Kyukoshin is actually alot like old kung fu.
Posted by: reallycoolkid

Re: Kung Fu vs. Kyushin Karate - 05/24/05 11:59 AM

Quote:

The drunken guy had like 382094820420 opportunities to hit him and all he did was bounce around like a dumb ass.

amen to that.
Posted by: Fangshendo

Re: Kung Fu vs. Kyushin Karate - 05/28/05 08:17 PM

There are between 300-400 styles of Kung Fu,and many different styles of Karate.Any "style vs style" argument is circular.How adept at their styles were the practioners? What is the philosophy of the styles? It is an argument that goes nowhere.What is important is the functionality/reality of the system you are comparing.
Posted by: KungFuMaster

Re: Kung Fu vs. Kyushin Karate - 06/12/05 04:58 PM

Yeah. i watched that stupid video too. those "kung fu students"were disgraceful in an unimaginable way. the fools who were attempting to fight using the drunken boxing style were'nt even doing it correctly and they matched up black belt karatekas against scrawny, beginner kung fu students. Either way Bruce Lee would have destroyed all of them.
Posted by: trevek

Re: Kung Fu vs. Kyushin Karate - 06/15/05 05:53 PM

I understand Mas Oyama once offered a Black Belt to a shaolin(?) KF master (who refused it because he could only accept from someone he considered his superior). The offer was based on the fact Kyokoshinkai karate uses certain KF kata and technique.
Posted by: madmattg

Re: Kung Fu vs. Kyushin Karate - 06/18/05 08:17 PM

There are so many clips of Kung Fu getting there arses whooped, or any style getting their A$$ handed to them.

You have to remember it wasnt the bow and arrow it was Robin Hood my friend.
Posted by: Neb

Re: Kung Fu vs. Kyushin Karate - 06/26/05 03:11 AM

Quote:

very true, it's the person not the style!
Posted by: Ubermint

Re: Kung Fu vs. Kyushin Karate - 06/26/05 04:14 AM

Quote:

Quote:

very true, it's the person not the style!

Any style that relies on person>training method>style for it's effectiveness is [censored].

First warning Ubermint. Keep it relevant and based on facts.
Posted by: Neko456

Re: Kung Fu vs. Kyushin Karate - 07/12/05 12:13 PM

They matched up black belt karatekas against scrawny, beginner kung fu students.

The question has to be asked why would they do that, unless it was to preserve style superiority. If they beat our juniors so what it wasn't our best. If our jrs. beat them, then we were right we are superior.

That was a shamble attempt, The Kyoshi-kia guys are serious and though they don't punch to the head they knock the hell out ya with everything else.

I got a tape of Kyoshin tournament where Wing Chun guys exchange body punches with the Karate guys. And it was pitiful they barelly shucked Karate guy and the Karate guy hit them like side kicks, folding them or knocking them out the square.

Of course these were chubby or skinning WC guys, non of them built Jimmi Lee, William Chen, Charles Duboiea' or Marice Lemons. The Hong Kongs WC guys just practicing their technique looked weak.

I've seen and been hit by some strong WC practictioners a reverse punch (too long a punch) ain't gonna hit them first, unless you're blazing fast. They hit hard, but they can be beat. But not easy like that, pitiful.