OUCH!! that hurts!!

Posted by: gojuman59

OUCH!! that hurts!! - 07/11/11 06:18 PM

I was talking to a fellow classmate the other night after class and the subject of martial arts training injuries came up. I've broken a toe and a rib and had many deep bruises when I was a young dude. The worst coming in a tournement where my opponent and I both threw roundhouse kicks that met each other at the shins.The bruising turned my calf black and blue. I guess I would like to know from my fellow posters what their most painful experiences from MA training were?

Mark
Posted by: 47MartialMan

Re: OUCH!! that hurts!! - 07/11/11 11:07 PM

Groin hits. From my observations and expereinces, groin hits were more in class than those in the street.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: OUCH!! that hurts!! - 07/12/11 08:06 AM

Having my coccyx bone broken by a spinning back kick (we went for them at the same time; his hit first). Very spooky, as my legs went numb from the impact, then a luxurious coating of ARGH as the fire and needles set in. And of course, sitting and going to the bathroom was a thrilling experience for the next 5 weeks or so.

Re: OUCH!! that hurts!! - 07/12/11 10:23 AM

Ah! The spinnng backkick. Now that is a technique that has driven up the demand for ice over the years.
I remember back in the day going to a tournement with a buddy of mine and winding up sparring him in the semi-final match. Since we trained together it was very difficult to score on each other.Well I couldn't get to him until I busted out the spinning backkick. He rushed me as I kicked and WA-BAM I hit him right in the cup.
Match over. I guess that I was tired and didn't get it up high enough. When he could talk again he told me his cup split in half. Oops!! Sorry about that.We remained friends, but never faced each other again in a tournement.

keep training, Mark
Posted by: eagleyed

Re: OUCH!! that hurts!! - 07/17/11 03:40 PM

Dead leg to the thigh. Don't relish them walks to work after one of those the night before. I usually tell myself, 'no pain, no gain'. Sometimes it definitely dosn't count! smile
Posted by: 47MartialMan

Re: OUCH!! that hurts!! - 07/18/11 07:02 PM

We used to call the dead legs (which we've done on the shoulder, upper arm, and obliques) "frogin"
Posted by: Prizewriter

Re: OUCH!! that hurts!! - 07/19/11 04:04 AM

Gojuman sorry for taking so long to find this but I had a similar thread a little while ago, some painful stories in here!

http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=425377#Post425377

Re: OUCH!! that hurts!! - 07/19/11 01:16 PM

Great stories Prizewriter. Once again the Gojuman starts a topic that has been done before. Oh well. Some of those posts are pretty intense!! It's funny what we go through for the sake of training.Ha Ha. I had somebody at work ask me why I still liked the martial arts and wasn't I getting a little old to be beating on each other..... Well I informed that wimp that if you can't pound on your friends and get some welts who can you pound on?He just shook his head and walked away.Ha! Ha!

keep training, Mark
Posted by: MattJ

Re: OUCH!! that hurts!! - 07/19/11 02:54 PM

A few gems in here, too:

http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubbth...true#Post197761