Karate Pictures

Posted by: LukDojo

Karate Pictures - 10/27/08 04:45 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and would like to share this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhkOPIyMkPw

and my website:
www.LukDojo.com
i would love some comments and sugestions=)

Thanks!
James
Posted by: BrianS

Re: Karate Pictures - 10/29/08 03:15 AM

Good points: Looks neat, I wish I had that kind of flexibility and agility. I think you could do well in the movies.

Criticism: Looks XMAish. Are you pretending to be a samurai in that photo? Glamous shots Martial Arts!!
Posted by: shoshinkan

Re: Karate Pictures - 10/29/08 06:31 AM

thanks for the links you clearly are very skilled and train very hard to achieve that level of performance, im just not sure what in?

As Brian said alot of XMA type stuff going on, very flash which certainly would be good for movies etc etc, im not convinced it's particualry shotokan as I know of it.

but if it's the martial business your after then I guess your going to do very well.
Posted by: JohnL

Re: Karate Pictures - 10/29/08 08:43 AM

Hey James

Welcome to the forum.

The comments you received were reasonable in that the website is a bit XMA and flash. (which won't get you a lot of credit on this forum)

For those that did comment though I can tell you that James is traditionally trained practicing Shotokan and Goju Ryu. His performances of both Unsu and Superempei are of particular quality. (Unfortunately not seen in competition recently, time to get your Gi back on in competition James)

I only know of James' performance kata work having not actually trained with him, however his technique is certainly of the highest standard. Maybe I'll come over and train with you sometime.

By the way James, great job of keeping the Aschkar tournament running smoothly at the weekend.
Posted by: Neko456

Re: Karate Pictures - 10/29/08 11:15 AM

I agree just looking at the high level of fitness you have achieved your basic skills are outstanding. A prime example of trad and competition level Karate I have no doubt that if your focus were to do damage on a serious level these basic refined skills would bare you out. Of course there is nothing like having been there done that, but some times being prepared to do is good enough. You look good enough for any threat that mattered.

Keep up the good work, I'm not a hater or jealous much any way damn I remember when ..., let me stop lying I've never been that flexible. Great Job and big ba%%s posting pictures on a open forum, confidence.