part time job

Posted by: mrthomas

part time job - 06/23/08 07:13 PM

hi, my name is thomas. im in college and during the fall i will need to get a job. i would like a job that will allow me to sit around and do nothing alot because i want to practice martial arts at work. someone on this forum had a job like that. i think he worked at a movie theatre. so my question is, what type of jobs fits my wish?
Posted by: Zach_Zinn

Re: part time job - 06/23/08 08:13 PM

Quote:

hi, my name is thomas. im in college and during the fall i will need to get a job. i would like a job that will allow me to sit around and do nothing alot because i want to practice martial arts at work. someone on this forum had a job like that. i think he worked at a movie theatre. so my question is, what type of jobs fits my wish?

LOL!

Son, you need to work for government.

Seriously though, some public sector jobs have alot of downtime, though alot of misery that can nullify the fun of it as well.

Find a graveyard job of some sort, likely you may have all the time in the world to solo train, but your body will not thank you for working those hours.

Re: part time job - 06/23/08 09:28 PM

what type of graveyard shift? please be specific. thank you.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: part time job - 06/23/08 09:37 PM

*troll sense tingling*

Re: part time job - 06/23/08 10:13 PM

im not a troll. im asking a serious question. so please, can anyone help me out? what type of jobs allow me to sit around and do nothing alot?
Posted by: Zombie Zero

Re: part time job - 06/23/08 10:35 PM

Laziness is not conducive to being a good martial artist.

I know from where I speak.

Sorry I can't be more helpful than that. (irony?)
Posted by: dandjurdjevic

Re: part time job - 06/24/08 01:03 AM

Well, I'll answer it if no one else will.

"Graveyard shift" means a nightshift, but principally from midnight onwards. My brother-in-law had such a job as a security officer at a large restaurant. All he had to do was sit in the restaurant in case someone tried to break in. He taught himself to play guitar very well AND practised martial arts...
Posted by: Ronin1966

Re: part time job - 06/24/08 09:39 AM

A Guitar Playing Martial Art

Jeff (Troll sense also at Defcon 2)