Bronchitis and Pneumonia

Posted by: Zach_Zinn

Bronchitis and Pneumonia - 05/08/08 09:59 PM

So yeah, turns out I have them both, i've been on antibiotics for a few days and i'm starting to feel better. I assume it'll be at least another week before I can hit the dojo again, anyone have any advice for easing back into things?

Right now it feels like I will never have my normal breathing capacity back again...this sucks.
Posted by: sasori_te

Re: Bronchitis and Pneumonia - 05/09/08 12:01 AM

Seriously, I took my first Hachi Kyu test 20 odd years ago with pneumonia and bronchitis. Or at least I was still on the medication. I got so dizzy I fell down at least twice that I can remember. Ahhh, to be young and dumb again. Now I'm just old and ignorant.

Or at least older.
Posted by: BrianS

Re: Bronchitis and Pneumonia - 05/09/08 01:09 AM

Mods!! Put this joker on flood control, 60 minutes!!!

Just joking Zach, I hope you feel better soon.

The best advice I can gice you is to listen to your body and don't push yourself, it's not manly at all.

I've been there where I felt like I would never be able to do ma again. It does suck,but it will pass. Ma has it's ups and downs, just like life.

Posted by: JasonM

Re: Bronchitis and Pneumonia - 05/09/08 03:28 AM

my wife just went threw it. First Broncitis and she was better. As it turend out Pneumonia was still in her lungs and she got it a month later. Best thing is rest and don't rush back into training...I never knew Pneumonia can stay dormant for up to 3 months....
Posted by: JohnL

Re: Bronchitis and Pneumonia - 05/09/08 08:36 AM

Wimp!