Karate moderator.

Posted by: BrianS

Karate moderator. - 01/17/08 06:50 PM

I'm trying to step down for now,but I don't want to leave Jim dry. He needs some help and he needs help with moderating too.

Any volunteers, nominations?

The moderator should have some karate experience.

Thanks!
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: Karate moderator. - 01/17/08 07:15 PM

I vote for Unsu to be Karate mod. ...he's the one who first suggested this section years ago.
Posted by: jude33

Re: Karate moderator. - 01/17/08 08:02 PM

Quote:

I vote for Unsu to be Karate mod. ...he's the one who first suggested this section years ago.

I Second it.

Bryan?

Jude
Posted by: shoshinkan

Re: Karate moderator. - 01/17/08 08:18 PM

LOL, sad to see Brian go - but he will be back,

im happy looking after things but ultimatly we do need someone, preferable opposite time of London to cover the time zones reasonably well.

suggestions welcomed.
Posted by: jude33

Re: Karate moderator. - 01/17/08 08:36 PM

Quote:

LOL, sad to see Brian go - but he will be back,

im happy looking after things but ultimatly we do need someone, preferable opposite time of London to cover the time zones reasonably well.

suggestions welcomed.

Is Zach_Zinn interested? Or any of the other guys?

I think his posts have been( as have others on the thread) thought provoking that lead to further research?

Jude

Re: Karate moderator. - 01/17/08 09:21 PM

Quote:

Yes he did. He has also trolled and been banned a few times. Don't think so.

As for Zach-Zinn, we need a more established member in my opinion.

Re: Karate moderator. - 01/17/08 09:28 PM

Hey cxt, looks like you're a good fit!!

Do it! Do it!!!

please.......

Re: Karate moderator. - 01/18/08 04:36 AM

I have asked Victor if he will return, lets wait and see his response.

I have some other ideas as well so this should be sorted soon.

Brian, thankyou for excellent service to the site!
Posted by: Zombie Zero

Re: Karate moderator. - 01/18/08 08:22 AM

Sending PM to the nominees...
Posted by: Victor Smith

Re: Karate moderator. - 01/18/08 09:21 AM

Thank you for asking.

Unfortunately I do not have the free time to monitor the discussion as the moderator should be able to do.

I'll continue to drop in when possible.

Re: Karate moderator. - 01/18/08 09:35 AM

great ZZ,

let us know of any posative reply's asap to avoid anyone getting there nose out of joint.
Posted by: Ronin1966

Re: Karate moderator. - 01/18/08 09:39 AM

Hello Brian:

What are the basic requirements of a moderator... aside from needing to be a ~little~ crazy obviously

Jeff

Re: Karate moderator. - 01/18/08 09:56 AM

Knowledge of the subject matter,
A record of being a positive contributor to the site,
Know and understand the site rules,
Check in on the forums at least once a day, as life permits,
Willingness to trudge through all the threads in your forum looking for spam, foul language, verbal slap-fights, and the like.
Posted by: Zach_Zinn

Re: Karate moderator. - 01/18/08 05:19 PM

Well I haven't been here long, but i'll throw my name into the hat in case no one else can be found.

Re: Karate moderator. - 01/18/08 06:16 PM

cheers Zach and your name will be considered for the future, a few more posts and a bit of time is needed.

it looks like we may have found our new mod, more soon!

Re: Karate moderator. - 01/19/08 08:20 AM

welcome Jeff as mod ! aka Ronin1966
Posted by: Victor Smith

Re: Karate moderator. - 01/19/08 10:37 AM

Hi Jeff-san,

Enjoy the journey....
Posted by: Ronin1966

Re: Karate moderator. - 01/19/08 11:22 PM

Hello BrianS:

You will be missed sire....
Jeff

Re: Karate moderator. - 01/19/08 11:30 PM

Hello Jeff,

I'm not going anywhere.
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: Karate moderator. - 01/19/08 11:58 PM

Hi Jeff - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpiIWMWWVco
Posted by: Unyu

Re: Karate moderator. - 01/20/08 11:25 PM

What is this boosheet about me being a troll? Trolls misrepresent themselves and look to just get everyone's ire up. I have never deviated from what I believed in and if any of you had long term memory or cared to check out the archives you'd find that everything I've said from day one matches what it is I say now. I know for sure that many a wanna-be karate person has used my numerous posts through the years to redefine what they thought karate was. Some have even taken what I said verbatim and written books on kata and bunkai and
whatnot with the info. Freakin' BITERS! It's to be expected since the guy I got my MOSR BB under is one of the few karate sensei who can give theory and USE IT to kick arse. If you fools don't like how I say what I say then cool, but to front on me and claim I am a troll is feces. Who the f-ck do you fools think you are to label someone as something or someone they are not? I know fo' sheez that my posts have enhanced conversation here more than it's detracted from them (hope that my street speak p-sses off you rednecks and nerds btw). I would never moderate sh-t here because you same-ole-same-ole types would feel the wrath fo' sho'. If you came on talking what you BELIEVE w/o experience, facts or logic to back it up I'd boot you like an illegally parked car. I'd rather be the voice of passionate reason than some poor man's version of a censor/arbitrator. Plus I ain't got time to babysit pyjama wearing geeks who couldn't fight their way through a band of quadriplegic muggers. Come correct! BTW I did keep lobbying for a separate karate forum when all you yes men were picking your noses and buffing apples. So thank the deep sea fisherman for this discussion and STFU with the stereotypical actions and prejudices of an Anglo-Saxon 'Murkin dolt! We will meet in person one day. When you talk to me face to face, Brian and OM, then you can assume.
Posted by: medulanet

Re: Karate moderator. - 01/21/08 12:44 AM

Quote:

Some have even taken what I said verbatim and written books on kata and bunkai and
whatnot with the info.

Unyu, who did this, and why don't you try to get some royalties?

Re: Karate moderator. - 01/21/08 02:36 AM

calm down Bryan,

the only thing that gets up peoples nose is your directness and very dogmatic approach, if you read your last post you will see why.

Whilst I like you man, you keep forgetting this is a mixed public forum and you should post as such,

I hope you stick around Bryan (not only because of our Sensei link) but because you do challange things, but you have got to cool down and relax...........
Posted by: jasperdaman

Re: Karate moderator. - 01/21/08 02:42 AM

Yes Unyu because u talk like such a good respectful martial artist that is willing to rationally talk out this apparent misunderstanding.

Wait....you didnt do anything i just stated, instead u wrote a huge rant that was hard to read because u made it one paragraph and used words like feces and 'my instructor uses theory to kick arse'. Therfore you have cemented yourself in FA history as a troll. Now plz return back under your bridge to scare children who cross it and have a nice day
Posted by: Zach_Zinn

Re: Karate moderator. - 01/21/08 03:01 AM

Noooo ....I get the feeling I remember Unyu from e-budo, the ranting style is unmistakable.

Re: Karate moderator. - 01/21/08 03:08 AM

Quote:

I get the feeling I remember you from e-budo...Brian Cyr?

That's him. He's a troll and he just proved it.

Maybe I cn get him riled up enough again to get him banned,again.

BTW, I hope your karate is better than your wannabe street lingo and your temperment ya damn texASS nerd.

"fo shizzle."

Re: Karate moderator. - 01/21/08 06:24 AM

we have sorted our new moderator, so this thread is closed.

Re: Karate moderator. - 03/19/08 09:05 AM

Quote:

I would never moderate sh-t here because you same-ole-same-ole types would feel the wrath fo' sho'. If you came on talking what you BELIEVE w/o experience, facts or logic to back it up I'd boot you like an illegally parked car. I'd rather be the voice of passionate reason than some poor man's version of a censor/arbitrator. Plus I ain't got time to babysit pyjama wearing geeks who couldn't fight their way through a band of quadriplegic muggers.

No, Unyu, the reason you will never be a moderator here is that you are the most pompous, arrogant, self-aggrandizing jackass on this entire site.

You never miss an opportunity to insult others, and pump yourself up as the greatest martial artist who ever lived, and thus, you would make a horrible representative of fightingarts.com.

I don’t know the number of times you’ve been banned from this site, but I’m prepared to increment it by one. That includes banning your IP address.

Z