Isshin Shorin Ji Ryu

Posted by: hoffyph

Isshin Shorin Ji Ryu - 12/03/07 02:04 PM

I have recently read many testamonial to Soke Murphy upon his passing. I have posted many question about the Isshin Shorin Ji system on the forum, yet I only received sporadic replys. My instructor is Grand Master Ralph Chirico who was with Soke Murphy at the begining in Parsippany N.J. and trained with him at Master Nagle's Dojo in J.C. and Bayonne. Master Chirico would like if some of the practicioners of this system would contact him at Chiricos school @yahoo.com. He is interested in what other instructors are teaching because he is teaching the system as he learned it from Soke Murphy.
Posted by: cxt

Re: Isshin Shorin Ji Ryu - 12/03/07 03:42 PM

hoffyph

Not sure I get it.

Back in 03/04 you asked a questions about that and got what 11-12 replys?--2 pages of answers as well as some direct contact information.

But you took no part in the discussion after the first question.

Then you asked a similar question that is up to about 14 pages of discussion....a discussion you only posted to 2 times--on the first 2 pages.

I don't see that as "sporadic"--even counting in all the side discussion.

Posted by: hoffyph

Re: Isshin Shorin Ji Ryu - 12/07/07 02:29 PM

The answers I received did not answer the original question that I posted . The book Fighting Arts states that the system was a dropped system in Okinawa. My instructor is simply asking the instructors teaching the system to contact him to ask some question as to the systems evolvement since he began teaching it the 70's I recieved some information from the replys to send me to other practioners that had information and so on . All information I received was valuable.
Posted by: cxt

Re: Isshin Shorin Ji Ryu - 12/07/07 03:26 PM

hoffyph

Cool, glad we could help.

What "Fighting Arts" book are you looking at?

The one I have is Asian Fighting Arts--is this the same one???
Posted by: sn7ns

Re: Isshin Shorin Ji Ryu - 01/05/08 08:43 PM

I do agree with hoffyph isshin shorin ji ryu was a dropped system as written in Asian Fighting Arts. I have done alot of research on the creator of isshin shorin ji ryu.
Can any one of you master help me out with this problem. Also I want to know what you teach because I am interested in joining an isshin shorin ji ryu school. I heard that it is for everyone.So please write back in email or post it on the forum.
Posted by: wiggy

Re: Isshin Shorin Ji Ryu - 01/08/08 05:01 PM

I'm not sure if I get it either.... I personally responded to your question.

Why bring this topic off the other list?.... Most of the people posting on the list are legitimate students of the system.... Most of what is being stated on the list repeats itself and is factual.... Why not just have Master Chirico post on the list?..... Why not just have Master Cherico get in touch with one of the senior students (he knows who they are)?..... What is it that you want to hear that has not been stated before?
Posted by: paddles

Re: Isshin Shorin Ji Ryu - 01/09/08 01:21 PM

Hi there,
Just sent you a PM.

Re: Isshin Shorin Ji Ryu - 01/10/08 10:18 PM

Who do u believe created the isshin shorin ji ryu system
wiggy.
Posted by: BrianS

Re: Isshin Shorin Ji Ryu - 01/10/08 11:19 PM

Quote:

isshin shorin ji ryu system
wiggy

Either Dr.Dre or Will Smith. I'm not sure,but it sounds cool!! Do you have rank?
Posted by: chris12

Re: Isshin Shorin Ji Ryu - 01/11/08 03:38 PM

sn7ns, I just wanted to know if you are under the impression that it was someone other than Soke Murphy that "created" Isshin ShirinJi? Isshin ShorinJi was formed here in the United States and by the late Robert Murphy. Not sure why this book that someone here is mentioning says it was a dropped system from Okinawa. Many of the people that are on the other thread have been part of the system since its birth many years ago. Don't be confused by the name, its birth was here and its master was Soke Murphy. If you have any questions let me know.

Re: Isshin Shorin Ji Ryu - 01/11/08 05:01 PM

I think that system was not created here if u really want to know read the book asain fighting arts
I also want to know what you in your particular school

Re: Isshin Shorin Ji Ryu - 01/11/08 05:01 PM

I think that system was not created here if u really want to know read the book asain fighting arts
I also want to know what you learn in your particular school

Re: Isshin Shorin Ji Ryu - 01/11/08 06:46 PM

Quote:

I also want to know what you in your particular school

Not fair to ask these type questions when you don't even fill out your own profile.

Re: Isshin Shorin Ji Ryu - 01/11/08 07:11 PM

I don't have to read the book, I am in the system, I knew its founder well.
I don't understand this question "I also want to know what you in your particular school"
If you want more info on the system you can ask me again or practically anyone on the other thread.

Re: Isshin Shorin Ji Ryu - 01/11/08 10:17 PM

"I also want to know what you learn in your particular school" We learned martial arts

Re: Isshin Shorin Ji Ryu - 01/11/08 10:53 PM

Fair replies chris.

I think what he meant was what rank are you in your system.

Re: Isshin Shorin Ji Ryu - 01/12/08 07:11 PM

alright chris why dont u talk to my instrutor mr chirico
k

Re: Isshin Shorin Ji Ryu - 01/12/08 07:17 PM

and also what rank r u chris im a 3rd kyu and who is ur instrutor

Re: Isshin Shorin Ji Ryu - 01/13/08 12:56 AM

There is something very strange about you sn7ns. On the other thread you said you were a TKD guy and now you are one of Sensei Chirico's students? From what I have heard Mr. Chirico was/is a great practitioner and was also a student of Soke Murphy a long time ago. I have never met Mr. Chirico but exactly what is it you want me to talk to him about?
My rank? One of the things that Soke Murphy always talked to me about was not to concern so much with rank but just to learn. If your teacher acknowledged you that is great but that is for you and only you. There is no need for you to publicize it. Learn, practice and don't worry about rank. This knowledge comes from the founder himself (Soke Murphy) so think about it.

Re: Isshin Shorin Ji Ryu - 01/13/08 06:13 PM

nooooo i am not talking about rank i am talking about the creator of isshin shorinji ryu. dont take this the wrong way.i am not boasting about rank.

Re: Isshin Shorin Ji Ryu - 01/13/08 07:12 PM

Take it to pm. Thread ruined.