Kicking Problems

Posted by: Hagakure

Kicking Problems - 03/17/07 01:03 PM

Having Problems when I kick sometimes, it may be simple but my foot seems to curve downward when I make contact, Does/Has anyone had this problem before?
Posted by: Stormdragon

Re: Kicking Problems - 03/17/07 01:08 PM

Which kicks?

Re: Kicking Problems - 03/17/07 01:20 PM

To the stomach/midsection
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Kicking Problems - 03/17/07 01:46 PM

Get someone to hold some kicking pads and practice lightly until you can do it right. Or work on a heavy bag, etc.

Re: Kicking Problems - 03/23/07 07:48 PM

Is this a common problem for people or is it just me?
Posted by: Just1Mike

Re: Kicking Problems - 03/23/07 08:19 PM

It sounds like you're lifting or swinging your foot into your target instead of thrusting it. Your foot seems to be hitting your target at an angle. After chambering your kick, slowly extend your leg till the ball of your foot hits the target. Make sure your foot travels in a straight line. If your trouble is what I think it is, That should correct it. Form first, Then speed. Hope that helps.

Good Luck!
Mike.

Re: Kicking Problems - 03/25/07 12:04 PM

What about when I do a low roundhouse thats when Im really having the problem.
Posted by: AkhilleusWeeps

Re: Kicking Problems - 03/25/07 03:45 PM

Perhaps you're trying to put too much power behind the kick?

I've noticed my foot does strange things as well when I kick full force (usually ends up doing less damage) Perhaps loosening up and letting your kick go with out putting to much thought/power into the strike. I believe if you're trying hard your muscles will contract through out the kick and force your foot to bend in such a way upon impact.