problems with concentration

Posted by: mahoney

problems with concentration - 02/17/07 07:51 AM

i can't concentrate me when i am on trainings!
ok, i can train aniway good.
But when i am at home thats not a problem anymore. I have a lot of energy before i go sleep.. i can do all kicks and punceh better and stronger.. i don't understand this..

what should i do to concentrate me?
why is this happening?

please try to answer me and sorry for my bad english..

Have a nice day
Posted by: l947

Re: problems with concentration - 02/17/07 09:25 AM

maybe it's because you're alone .
forget there are others in the dojo ,
Posted by: BrianS

Re: problems with concentration - 02/18/07 01:45 PM

Before beginning your training sit in a comfortable position and meditate for a few moments. Try to clear your mind of everything but what you are going to do during training. Seems to help me.
Posted by: Bassai

Re: problems with concentration - 09/26/07 04:37 PM

Before you do a technique you should think about Ippon, that means that you have one chance to do your technique. So if you don't do it right, you will lose...
Posted by: hedkikr

Re: problems with concentration - 09/28/07 05:34 PM

Sometimes when people think about too much at once, they get confused & lose concentration. So break things down into smaller parts & do them slowly.

Keep practicing your techniques slowly making sure to include all the important points.

When I was new to karate, I would make notes after each class to help me remember. As the techniques start to feel more natural, speed up a little.

Hope this helps.

...and your English is fine.
Posted by: shoshinkan

Re: problems with concentration - 09/29/07 03:59 AM

I hear fish oil is good?
Posted by: Bushi_no_ki

Re: problems with concentration - 09/29/07 04:51 AM

OK, I have to say it. You are complaining about problems concentrating when there is someone who has ADHD on the forum. The ultimate thing is if you want to concentrate. I can because I want to. If you want to concentrate on something, you can, but only if you apply yourself.
Posted by: jude33

Re: problems with concentration - 09/30/07 04:38 AM

Quote:

i can't concentrate me when i am on trainings!
ok, i can train aniway good.
But when i am at home thats not a problem anymore. I have a lot of energy before i go sleep.. i can do all kicks and punceh better and stronger.. i don't understand this..

what should i do to concentrate me?
why is this happening?

please try to answer me and sorry for my bad english..

Have a nice day

I have the same problem when I start somewhere/something new e.g the never ending new grappling techniques or a different gym/training hall. Once I get use to the surroundings/techniques it seems to get easier.(the concentration that is not the training) So I train as hard as I can when I am alone or with a training partner. It seems my brain has to much information to take in. Overload I think they call it.

Fish oil might be usefull, dependent on application and how slippery the oil is, both as a brain food and during grappling. In one respect it would mean my opponent and others would find it hard to grip me.

Jude

Quote:

Bushi_no_ki

someone who has ADHD on the forum

???

Re: problems with concentration - 09/30/07 05:23 AM

'Fish oil might be usefull, dependent on application and how slippery the oil is, both as a brain food and during grappling. In one respect it would mean my opponent and others would find it hard to grip me.'

of course wrestling in fish oil can be problematic re the stink, hence our development of using a small stick of butter,

there is nothing quite as cool as 2 grown men, buttering up and going at it in the car park...............

Posted by: Unyu

Re: problems with concentration - 10/02/07 12:12 AM

What were you guys talking about ?!

Re: problems with concentration - 10/02/07 03:16 AM

you never 'buttered' up and wrestled grown men Unyu ?

man you havent lived.................
Posted by: Ronin1966

Re: problems with concentration - 10/02/07 10:00 AM

Hello Mahoney:

Ok, normally I would avoid this thread like the plague, you need to write using whole words and put together entire SENTENCES

Assuming you are for real and this is not some kind of trolling maneuver... are you able to focus elsewhere outside of martial arts class? School for example... concentration an issue there? How about jobs, are you able to complete tasks (simple and hard) from beginning to end?

There could be any number of issues happening that make concentration a genuine problem. Diagnosis by a Psychologist, a Psychiatrist seems the best approach. They can help figure out whats going on, and provide options for solutions.

That being said... have you tried the JOLT soda/cola? If you are ~hyperactive~ and that is all that is going on, the caffeine <sp.?> might do the trick in the short term and make concentration easier

Check with a Psychologist/Psychiatrist... and good luck,
Jeff