New User

Posted by: nelsdogg

New User - 09/23/06 11:48 PM

Hey All,

I am a newly registered user!

I'm 15 and I study Kyokushin Karate at a local dojo ( I am going for a junior black belt soon ). This site appears to be very informative and needless to say, I will be asking some questinos
Posted by: hedkikr

Re: New User - 09/24/06 02:05 AM

Welcome. This is a great place but watch out for the trolls.
Posted by: Steel91

Re: New User - 09/24/06 12:56 PM

Hey man, welcome, I'm 15 also and getting ready to go up for blackbelt in Shotokan. Now I'm just glad I'm not the yougest one here.
Posted by: underdog

Re: New User - 09/24/06 04:23 PM

Welcome from one of the oldest.
Posted by: Dudley32

Re: New User - 09/24/06 04:34 PM

Welcome!

If you wouldn't mind could you share with us what it is like training in kyokushin karate? I have heard a lot of good reviews but never really from someone who actually practiced it. Thanks

Matt
Posted by: Crash

Re: New User - 09/24/06 07:15 PM

Welcome to fightingarts dude!
Posted by: PaulHart

Re: New User - 09/25/06 12:21 AM

Hello, and welcome to FightingArts.com. I am glad you have stopped by and I hope you will learn and input things. Remember before you post a question, we have a great search funtion and it may have already been asked and answered. If not, post away. Have a great stay.
Posted by: nelsdogg

Re: New User - 09/25/06 10:54 PM

Hey Matt

I really enjoying practising Kyokushin Karate but I can't really compare it with any other MA, as I do not do any others, but I will also be taking up Wing Chun Kung Fu next year.

The Dojo that I attend is VERY small with only three seniors, my sensei is 4th or 5th dan and there are two nidans. In addition, there are about 5 students including me in attendance.

As such, our facilities aren't too great and we train in a rented church hall.

Kyokushin isn't that hard core that you would expect it to be, probably because I am only a junior myself and we aren't allowed to participate in full-contact, for safety reasons.
Posted by: Alejandro

Re: New User - 09/28/06 12:53 PM

Welcome to the forums and thanks for the introduction.
Three yudansha and a handful of mudansha sounds awesome to me! I've always enjoyed the smaller groups, though it is too bad that your facilities are sub-par. I trained in an ancient warehouse for years, so I understand.
Best of luck to you in your training