Your fees?

Posted by: jc4199

Your fees? - 08/05/06 02:58 AM

Your monthly fees for class. What is done with the money? Do you see it getting spent on your school?

I know of schools that have no frills and are still making people shell out major money to attend class and they have to buy everything (gi weapons belts) from the school.

We have a lot of gear the we get to use at no cost to us other then our monthly fees. I know too that money is needed to pay rent/power/phone/water/and other runiing expences. I am shure my teacher gets some too but everyone has to eat.

I feel I am getting what I paid for every time I go to class.
Posted by: McSensei

Re: Your fees? - 08/05/06 01:58 PM

I hope this doesn't come across as being a little "off," but why should anyone care?
As long as you are happy with the product, what does it matter where or on what the money is then spent.
Do you need to know what Bill Gates did with the money you spent on your computer?
Do you write to the oil companies to find out what they spent your money on when you filled up your car last week?

I hope you get my point, but to answer your question anyway, I have no idea.
However in my last club after the rent for the halls the classes are held in the breakdown was as follows...

40% went to the Regional Instructor, 15% went to the Zone Directors that would oversee about 10 regions and 41% was split amongst the Chief Instructor, Founder and other assorted top bods. Branch instructors would get 4% up to a ceiling of 300 quid a year.

What they spent the money on is anybodies guess, but usually things like Porches, Ferraris, Houses and I believe a helicopter and castle.
Obviously this is not what the branch instructors spend their money on.
More like a new gi and maybe a restaurant meal is all that would stretch to.