Help for kata - aoyagi - 10/11/05 09:53 AM

Would any friends here can confirm with me
the kata of aoiyagi (shito-ryu), i learn last year
from one of my friend but lost contract now, hope
any verteran here can help, i want to confirm the
last few steps only as following:

after the left foot kokutsu-dachi with
right hand gedan shotei uke (facing to right), than -->
1. left foot step back in sanchin-dachi with right hand nagashi uke (facing to front)
2. right foot step back in sanchin-dachi with left hand nagashi uke (facing to front)
3. left foot step back in sanchin-dachi with right hand nagashi uke (facing to front)
4. left foot forward step in zenkutsu-dachi with age uke, then gyaku tsuki (to front)
5. right foot forward step in zenkutsu-dachi with age uke, then gyaku tsuki (to front)
6. left foot forward step in zenkutsu-dachi with age uke
7. right foot forward step with oi tsuki
8. left hand tsuki (hold)
9. right hand tsuki (hold)
10. two hand shotei uke with right foot hiza geri
11. right foot step back in nekoashi-dachi with mawashi uke
12. yoi
13. end

is the above i remember right? or some steps i make it wrong?

Hope you may kindly help

Thank you!
Posted by: ckfamily

Re: Help for kata - aoyagi - 11/02/05 01:54 AM

My understanding is a bit different from yours:

1. right foot step back in nekoashi-dachi with left hand nagashi uke (facing to front)
2. left foot step back in nekoashi-dachi with right hand nagashi uke (facing to front)
3. right foot step back in nekoashi-dachi with left hand nagashi uke (facing to front)
4. left hand chudan ura uke and left foot step forward in sanchin-dachi (facing to front)
5. right hand chudan tsuki
6. right foot step forward in zenkutsu-dachi and right hand in age-uke and then left hand chudan tsuki
7. left foot step forward in zenkutsu-dachi and left hand in age-uke and then right hand chudan tsuki
8. right foot step forward in zenkutsu-dachi with both hand push forward in opened palm (finger pointed to the floor)
9. two hand shotei uke with right foot hiza geri
10. right foot step back in nekoashi-dachi with mawashi uke
11. yoi
12. end

As I have stopped from practising the kata for a long time, I am not sure if the above is correct or not. You may wish to clarify it with your instructor in your dojo. Hopefully, if you could let me know the result in here. Thank you!!