Shoshinkan hits 20yrs!

Posted by: SANCHIN31

Shoshinkan hits 20yrs! - 08/12/05 10:52 AM

He's been at it for over twenty years now! Congratulations,that's about 19 1/2 yrs more than the averave person has done karate(not literal).
Just wanted to say thanks for your contributions! Thanks!
Posted by: shoshinkan

Re: Shoshinkan hits 20yrs! - 08/12/05 07:21 PM

erm, thankyou Brian although im not convinced it needed its own thread?????

Still its a mile stone and shows im getting old............Im looking forward to the next 20 eh ! I might even make second dan one day!
Posted by: bo-ken

Re: Shoshinkan hits 20yrs! - 08/13/05 12:18 AM

It doesn't mean you are getting old it means you are better. I hope I am still training 12 years from now (that will be 20 years for me). Keep on training!
Posted by: McSensei

Re: Shoshinkan hits 20yrs! - 08/13/05 04:57 PM

Another 20 and you'll be nearly halfway there.
Ha, I'm jealous really. If I'd stuck at it when I first started I'd have 23 yrs behind me now. Doh!
Keep up the good work. Don't start slacking off just coz you hit the big two zero.
Posted by: SANCHIN31

Re: Shoshinkan hits 20yrs! - 08/13/05 05:20 PM

I think it is a milestone and worthy of a little thread atleast.

I first started goju when I was 17,It'll be almost 15 yrs pretty soon. The first few years weren't continuous because well,I was prowling alot.
I ended up starting over a couple of times.
Posted by: shoshinkan

Re: Shoshinkan hits 20yrs! - 08/13/05 05:49 PM

Thankyou all,

whilst I havent trained at one dojo or indeed in one style I have trained in martial arts for just over 20 years now, of which im very proud.

It took most of that time to find out what I actually wanted from martial arts practise and I think I have finally found where I need to be,

I now view karate as an art of life preservation that goes far beyond physical self defense and for that I will be eternially greatfull.

I am indeed enjoying the journey and wish you all well on yours!