Kyokushinkai and Drunken kung fu

Posted by: Boomer

Kyokushinkai and Drunken kung fu - 06/22/05 05:06 AM

I've never seen drunken kung fu sparring, much less versus a kyokushin student. Pretty neat clip.

http://www.bullshido.net/modules.php?name=Links&file=viewlinkinfo&id=45
Posted by: Victor Smith

Re: Kyokushinkai and Drunken kung fu - 06/22/05 08:19 AM

Hi Boomer,

That clip really shows a Kyokushinkai guy trying hard not to kill the 'drunken' stylist. I understand it was from a Japanese TV show. Perhaps the Drunken stylist should have had a few more before the fight.

BTW please tell your father I'm coming down to Red Lion on July 1st through the 5th and will try and come into his class on Saturday morning.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Kyokushinkai and Drunken kung fu - 06/22/05 11:13 AM

I live near Red Lion! ARGH!!!! I have to work Saturdays!!!!

BLAST!!!!

Any chance of meeting you and/or Boomer on the 3rd? (sunday)

PM me if you wish.
Posted by: Victor Smith

Re: Kyokushinkai and Drunken kung fu - 06/22/05 11:56 AM

Matt,

Sent you a PM, but I'm sure we can get together, perhaps at my father's pool.
Posted by: trevek

Re: Kyokushinkai and Drunken kung fu - 06/22/05 03:50 PM

The KF guy is trying to look pretty but not actually connecting. The first sweep should have upended the Kyok guy but it was too weak. The other guy was all hands but hardly got close enough. Not a good advert for their sifu!
Posted by: butterfly

Re: Kyokushinkai and Drunken kung fu - 06/22/05 03:59 PM

Victor is right about this....looks as if the Karate instructor told his guys to be easy on the Kung Fu dudes. However, this should in no way imply that these Drunken Kung Fu practioners are the best representatives of their styles.

Whenever I see things like this, I draw the conclusion that it is Japanese TV and Japanese against the "other" styles....Well the presentation will be to put down the "guests."

-B
Posted by: ingo

Re: Kyokushinkai and Drunken kung fu - 07/05/05 10:45 AM

I'm curious if you have had fighting experience with Kyokushin vs. other styles. I am exploring Karate for the first time, and it seems that Kyokushin has strong focus on actual contact sparring. Do you think Kyokushin is good for a beginner?

Many thanks for the input...
Posted by: SANCHIN31

Re: Kyokushinkai and Drunken kung fu - 07/05/05 11:52 AM

ingo, You would get more responses to your question by starting a new thread.This thread already has a topic that should be stuck to.
Posted by: ingo

Re: Kyokushinkai and Drunken kung fu - 07/05/05 12:03 PM

Thank you. I will do that.