Israeli Krav Maga International

Posted by: infntryldr

Israeli Krav Maga International - 11/21/09 11:12 PM

Hello,

Can anyone give me some insight into the legitimacy and if possible how it differs from other styles of Krav if at all. Thanks.

http://www.your-krav-maga-expert.com/index.html
Posted by: ArizonaKravMaga

Re: Israeli Krav Maga International - 11/30/09 11:44 AM

Moshe is as legit as they come. I know both he and his instructor Itay Gil.

Moshe was the first to offer internet based training to get people started. He sends techniques sometimes several in one week then you practice with a partner. However, to truly advance, you'll need to attend his seminars. He tours the US doing hundreds of seminars twice annually. Most seminars are very affordable, the prices are set by the hosts, and are jammed with more practice and repetition than most casual students can keep up with. you'll need to be dedicated and work hard, but you'll get more than the modest amount he charges in return.

If you are interested in the current techniques taught to and used by Duvdevan, YAMAM, Israeli Prison Service, Israeli Presidential Security Staff, etc. Then IKI is the place to be.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Posted by: ArizonaKravMaga

Re: Israeli Krav Maga International - 11/30/09 12:30 PM

Sorry, I forgot to answer this part of your post.....

Originally Posted By: infntryldr
how it differs from other styles of Krav if at all. Thanks.

It differs, in that it is designed to meet the needs of modern combat. In example, it is based on gross motor skills and as Itay says "correct bio-mechanical movements". The point being, if a soldier has a 90lbs. pack on his back, the skills still work. If an officer is wearing body armor and has a full duty belt on, they still work. If a person is attacked in the middle of a long jog and they are exhausted, it still works. If the attacker is aggressive and/or skilled, it still works - etc.

The difference is once again in the gross motor skills. We use methods which allow our entire body to secure a weapon weilding limb, we don't just grab the muzzle of the gun in one hand and expect that the bad guy will let it happen without a fight! Here is a VERY short (10 Min) demo which may help illustrate what I mean: www.cottonwood-combat.com/tuitionandshop.aspx Look at the bottom of the left column.