IKMF, KMWW, Commando Krav Maga, IKMA.

Posted by: KMStudent

IKMF, KMWW, Commando Krav Maga, IKMA. - 04/24/08 01:20 PM

Comments on the differences, quality, etc.

Re: IKMF, KMWW, Commando Krav Maga, IKMA. - 04/24/08 01:26 PM

I´ve trained in IKMF, KMWW, an Commando KM. I can tell that the IKMF is more political, but the quality is higher. KMWW is just a big joke, and Commando KM looks more like judo. I´m sorry to say, but KMWW is keeping the US students ignorant of the true KM Imi invented and that is being developed in Israel. KMWW is basically MMA, no multiple opponentes, no weapons until you reach level 3 or 4, etc. They certify instructors in 1 week! IKMF takes about 6 months to certify. Any other opinions?
Posted by: JasonM

Re: IKMF, KMWW, Commando Krav Maga, IKMA. - 04/24/08 01:28 PM

HI KMStudent and welcome.

This might be a flame thread and don't want it to get heated. So it may or may not be locked. As long as it remains civil I don't see a problem. I will also see what Dedidicated has to say too..

Re: IKMF, KMWW, Commando Krav Maga, IKMA. - 04/24/08 06:00 PM

Not my intention to get things heated...Sorry.

Let me clear things up: I just want to understand other peoples opinion on this. I did 6 months of IKMF, 5 Months of KMWW, and attended a couple of seminars from CKM and IKMA.

I would really appreciate objective opinions, my first post was subjective and judgemental, I´m sorry about that.

My objective opinion: Most self defense situations include knives, guns, or other weapons. The IKMF seems to have the most simple moves to deal with those threats. I also believe their teaching methods are better. I learned more in 1 month in the IKMF than in 5 with KMWW.

Of course, this could be realted to the instructor, but I do hold the IKMF and KMWW responsible for the certification of their instructors.
Posted by: GOVINDA

Re: IKMF, KMWW, Commando Krav Maga, IKMA. - 05/02/08 12:40 PM

Hi i do ckm in belfast and have to say my instructor is a long standing martial artist, as most guys are who find themselves looking for a reality based art, so i guess my point is anything that helps you when the s"*t hits the fan has got to be good but 6 months of one thing and 5 months of the other aint really gonna help on 2 counts, first one you cant really judge a fighting art on this time scale and unless your B.Lee you aint gonna learn much either.
Posted by: KMX

Re: IKMF, KMWW, Commando Krav Maga, IKMA. - 05/03/08 02:21 PM

well..it only takes two days to become a CKM instructor so if he trained in it for a month or two he is probably close to being a master.
Posted by: GOVINDA

Re: IKMF, KMWW, Commando Krav Maga, IKMA. - 05/04/08 04:29 PM

Very good, nearly fell of the chair, liked it, see what your saying i guess compared to other styles, i guess it depends on the individual , i mean if your a good fighter then your a good fighter.
Posted by: Eurokrav

Re: IKMF, KMWW, Commando Krav Maga, IKMA. - 07/08/08 02:15 PM

Trained IKMF, KMWW and CKM.

I don't like IKMF because they tend towards fitness KM, KMWW is a big joke indeed and the founder of CKM, Moni Aizik a former Judo champion claims to be a lot of things but doesn't even know how to spell Krav Maga.

I've trained under Yaacov Giladi who doesn't claim anything but gave me an excellent KM education. I learned how to handle a gun, rifle, handcuffs, annoying and agressive people... I got the opportunity to train with IDF soldiers and even went to Israel.

I know 2 instructors that are worth making the trip: Ran Nakesh and Yaacov Giladi.
Posted by: PSYOPS

Re: IKMF, KMWW, Commando Krav Maga, IKMA. - 07/30/08 03:49 AM

I train in both IKMF and KMWW. The quality of instruction is outstanding in both. That is if you train with the right instructor. I have trained with Eyal Yanilov of IKMF so that is top notch instruction.

KMWW is a big organization with many instructors. Some are better than others. I will leave it at that. Commando Krav Maga is a fraud! Simple as that folks.

The founder of that system has been proven to be a liar. It is sad that people fall for clever marketing and do not do their homework. Moni Aizik is a liar.