online krav maga training?

Posted by: astudent972

online krav maga training? - 03/13/08 08:56 AM

Just wondering if any of you folks have had a chance to do on line krav maga training. I know of a site called www.spamma-lamma-ding-dong.com and it looks like total crap.
any thoughts?
Posted by: WhiteDragon11

Re: online krav maga training? - 03/13/08 05:04 PM

Haha ZombieZero,

I didnt know you edited the post. I was like... hmmmm thats a weird website name.
But then it sent me there, and I was like "oh"
Posted by: janxspirit

Re: online krav maga training? - 03/19/08 10:34 AM

Quote:

Just wondering if any of you folks have had a chance to do on line krav maga training. I know of a site called www.spamma-lamma-ding-dong.com and it looks like total crap.
any thoughts?

I can't comment on that website, but I will say that a person can go really far learning from DVD's and seminars if he has a good training partner and practices frequently.

It is slower than with a qualified instructor, but you do improve.
Posted by: BambiChristman

Re: online krav maga training? - 03/24/08 05:19 PM

As a Krav Maga instructor, I highly recommend you find a class in your area. There is no substitute for hands on training. Since Krav Maga is 80% mind-set, you need to be in a class that can offer stress training. Also, watching a video versus actually walking through the "techniques" and learning the muscle memory of using these defenses against another person is not even comparable. Can you not find a class in your area?
Posted by: corneuils

Re: online krav maga training? - 04/24/08 03:06 PM

where in manchester uk do they have classes many thanks
Posted by: GOVINDA

Re: online krav maga training? - 05/04/08 05:01 PM

unless you live in a remote part of the world or in fantasy land where there is no bad guys, on line training (has it's limits), better giving your money to a soldiers welfare fund or something, you need to train with multiple partners and train hard, train for the street, fight easy!!!
Posted by: ruger45

Re: online krav maga training? - 05/04/08 09:40 PM

Yeah, I would have to agree with those who said that you need a good training partner. I'm taking classes and it's a big difference working with this older/fragile guy in my class and a younger more energetic guy who tries to kick the crap out of me in class every day. Just my opinion.
Posted by: GOVINDA

Re: online krav maga training? - 05/05/08 09:01 AM

Thats good ruger45 , because sometimes older more fragile guys wanna beat the crap out of you just as much
Posted by: ruger45

Re: online krav maga training? - 05/17/08 10:04 PM

GOVINDA, I really only have that problem with a few of the women in my class.
Posted by: Arentele

Re: online krav maga training? - 06/03/08 10:12 AM

Quote:

Yeah, I would have to agree with those who said that you need a good training partner. I'm taking classes and it's a big difference working with this older/fragile guy in my class and a younger more energetic guy who tries to kick the crap out of me in class every day. Just my opinion.

Same here in the bay area, a lot of the students are women ( no offense ) and its a tad different trying to choke one of them versus trying to choke one of the off duty cops.