Krav Maga on Fight Quest

Posted by: JAMJTX

Krav Maga on Fight Quest - 02/22/08 11:32 PM

Did anyone watch tonight's episode?
This sure didn't look like any KM school that I saw here at the mall!
I have to hand it to Dough and Jimmy again! They really took a beating, but these guys just don't give up.
Posted by: Dedicated1

Re: Krav Maga on Fight Quest - 02/23/08 08:32 AM

I recorded it, so I'll watch it later today.
Posted by: EFRAIN

Re: Krav Maga on Fight Quest - 02/23/08 10:11 AM

MAN JIMMY got his ass handed to him lol He still held on thought but im sure he didnt use his legs for a couple of weeks after that beating. Doug, well i thought his training was harder than the final fight he had, idk maybe it's just me but it did seem that way. Good show overall

Re: Krav Maga on Fight Quest - 02/23/08 03:25 PM

I especially liked the part at the beginning when that femal instructor punched Doug in the face in class. He sure wasn't ready for that.

One second she's demonstrating the technique explaining how to get your shoulder behind "like this" then SMACK!

I hope these guys do another season and do more arts. I'd like to see them at the Yoshinkan in the Senshusei course.

Re: Krav Maga on Fight Quest - 02/24/08 04:05 AM

Hell yeah man HE GOT ELBOWED LOL IT CAME OUT OF NOWHERE LOL
That female instructor was one tuff cookie lol
Posted by: Fletch1

Re: Krav Maga on Fight Quest - 02/24/08 07:16 PM

Hmmmm...

What I saw was not so much a presentation as much as a hazing and group beatdown on the hosts in an effort to prove something. I also saw little if any of the actual techniques they practice.

How is it that when the female ran through the gauntlet, the attackers were dropping like flies and being good ukes but when it was the host they beat him like he owed them money?

Re: Krav Maga on Fight Quest - 02/24/08 07:24 PM

LOL true... Either way they both got a beating lol specially JIMMY
Posted by: WhiteDragon11

Re: Krav Maga on Fight Quest - 02/24/08 07:32 PM

I didnt about it that way Fletch. But now that I think about it, it kind of was like a hazing show. Personally I liked it, but they were definately trying to prove something to the audience.

"How is it that when the female ran through the gauntlet, the attackers were dropping like flies and being good ukes but when it was the host they beat him like he owed them money?"

Maybe she's just that good.... lol

Re: Krav Maga on Fight Quest - 02/24/08 10:43 PM

I sort of had that "hazing" impression too.
But I also thought that perhaps they were giving them the "black belt" training instead of treating them like they were new martial artists. They are professional fighters.
Posted by: grappler4571

Re: Krav Maga on Fight Quest - 03/02/08 08:28 PM

yeah i agree they had little to no technique use what so ever its like they just were like eff it go out and try your best
Posted by: KMX

Re: Krav Maga on Fight Quest - 03/03/08 05:16 PM

it was crap
Posted by: Glockmeister

Re: Krav Maga on Fight Quest - 03/04/08 10:27 AM

I was disappointed that they didn't show more technique although otherwise i enjoyed the show. Hey KMX, that's a very intellectual response! lol.
Posted by: karatee3

Re: Krav Maga on Fight Quest - 03/06/08 08:38 PM

Nice try! No advertising URL's and no double posting...Have a wonderful day...
Posted by: Dedicated1

Re: Krav Maga on Fight Quest - 03/07/08 12:04 AM

You beat me to it!
Posted by: karate_popo

Re: Krav Maga on Fight Quest - 03/07/08 01:34 PM

i liked the situps they made him do. i don't rememer their names.. but the one that got put with the female instructor?.. and the way they did the gauntlet?.. in my style, we are all lined up in the dojo and everyone attacks.. i like it how it was more like reality and they jumped out from behind a tree..
Posted by: astudent972

Re: Krav Maga on Fight Quest - 03/13/08 08:48 AM

My name is Spamela Anderson!
Posted by: coblo

Re: Krav Maga on Fight Quest - 05/20/08 08:21 PM

Your impression of "hazing" is fair IMO given the majority of the aired footage. In particular I was taken aback by the flying kick from the rear while Doug was occupied by other opponents.

However, if you look carefully at the final test, Doug demonstrates a range of beginner techniques. Obviously he trained techniques and they just didnt show the training. To support this fact, you can search youtube for krav maga fight quest training to find unaired footage of Doug learning defense against weapons attacks, take-down defense, and doing padwork.

Fight Quest had a bias toward showing the guys get beat up in all martial arts, perhaps to differentiate from human weapon, which showed more techniques. Although usually it seemed that Doug got more punishment than technique, for KM it seemed reversed.