Tony Blauer S.P.E.A.R system

Posted by: TomTom

Tony Blauer S.P.E.A.R system - 02/22/08 02:10 PM

Does anyone have knowledge or experiance of Tony Blauer's S.P.E.A.R system? Is it any good? On first glance it does seem a more hot air than substance.
I would be interested in any ones experiance of S.P.E.A.R?
Posted by: Fletch1

Re: Tony Blauer S.P.E.A.R system - 02/23/08 10:37 AM

I have trained extensively with Blauer and can attest to his knowledge and teaching ability. I will say that the SPEAR system is probably one of the most used post- police academy defensive tactics programs around the USA and is finding itself being implemented in numerous state curriculums that have not seen new material in ages.

Contrary to many other programs that have sold their souls for a buck and hand out instructor diplomas for showing up, SPEAR is among the very highest in regards to standards set forth for instructors in both physical skills and knowledge. 90% of those who complete the instructor candidate course do not go on to be instructors because it is too much work.

I have moved on to other areas of interest in my training and teaching but I maintain a great deal of respect for Blauer's program and standards.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Tony Blauer S.P.E.A.R system - 02/23/08 10:52 AM

Some related stuff here:

http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/s...ue#Post15948738
Posted by: TomTom

Re: Tony Blauer S.P.E.A.R system - 02/23/08 11:03 AM

Many thanks for the info. I was having problems finding out any info about it that wasn't coming out of the blauer website.
Good to hear something from more independant sources.
And thank you for the links I'll have a look. The S.P.E.A.R package has recently been added onto Law Enforcement self defence package that I instruct, and I was keen to get some background on it first.
Cheers again