Krav Maga schools in PA

Posted by: ghost83

Krav Maga schools in PA - 05/31/07 07:02 PM

Hi, I am new to the forum and I am planning on starting Krav Maga classes this summer. I live in PA and have found two local schools and was wondering if anyone had any information or experience with either school. The two schools are DeStolfo's Premier Martial Arts in Conshohocken and Premier Martial Arts in Glen Mills owned by Ernie Kirk.
Posted by: JasonM

Re: Krav Maga schools in PA - 06/01/07 08:59 AM

I don't personally know the school. However, if they are offical schools you won't be disappointed....:) Good luck!
Posted by: Dedicated1

Re: Krav Maga schools in PA - 06/01/07 07:04 PM

I know Ernie Kirk, he is a great guy and one of the best Instructors I have ever met. He is a Black Belt in Krav Maga and many other types of Martial Arts. I know that the School offers many other forms of Martial Arts as well. There is also a school in Downingtown, where I teach, and I think there is one in Reading.
Posted by: wlewis418

Re: Krav Maga schools in PA - 11/19/07 04:01 PM

Google B2 Krav Maga. I've been training with them for about 5 months or so. They're a great organization. The classes are about 6-12 people so you get plenty of reps and instruction.
Posted by: psmith

Re: Krav Maga schools in PA - 02/06/08 12:54 AM

Please tell me the names and locations of the schools in Downingtown and Reading. I am near D'town, and my daughter is in Reading. We are both interested.
Thanks

Re: Krav Maga schools in PA - 02/06/08 08:37 AM

The one in Downingtown that I teach at is Chester County Martial Arts Academy www.ccmaa.com and I am not sure if there is one in Reading. We are not affiliated with LA., we train with David Kahn and Israeli Krav Maga in NJ.
Posted by: JAMJTX

Re: Krav Maga schools in PA - 02/06/08 01:59 PM

Does Ernie Kirk still have his Kennett Square location?
Or did he just move up Route 1 to Glenn Mills?

Re: Krav Maga schools in PA - 02/06/08 04:29 PM

I think he just has Glen Mills right now.
Posted by: KMX

Re: Krav Maga schools in PA - 02/27/08 04:47 PM

PLease no advertising. This violates forum rules an is prohibited. If you would like to advertise please contact the site owner and you can get a nice banner to the left of the forum.

Re: Krav Maga schools in PA - 02/27/08 09:00 PM

KMX - I have a question.
The way I understand Krav Maga is set up is that areas are assigned to each franshisee and are protected territories. That is what stops another KM instructor from opening up say in Glenn Mills.

How can you do this and not step on the toes of the other franchisees?

Re: Krav Maga schools in PA - 02/27/08 11:44 PM

That I believe only applies to KMWW licensee's. I don't think IKMA or IKMF play that game.

Re: Krav Maga schools in PA - 02/28/08 12:56 AM

Isn't Krav Maga a registered trademark and you have to "play that game" in order to use the Krav Maga name?
Posted by: Glockmeister

Re: Krav Maga schools in PA - 02/28/08 02:10 AM

Unfortunately, yes that is somewhat the case anymore. However, i think Israel has made it clear that Krav Maga is a generic term and cannot be copyrighted. I stay clear of the political side of MA anyway.

Re: Krav Maga schools in PA - 02/28/08 03:32 AM

That is true. Krav Maga is a generic term and anyone can use. At least from my understanding and after talking with David Kahn..

Re: Krav Maga schools in PA - 03/03/08 05:14 PM

Krav Maga is not trademarked in the USA only in Canada was KMWW succesful in doing that......and even if I was with KMWW there is not KMWW school in PA as Ernie in glen mills is no longer with them.

Re: Krav Maga schools in PA - 03/25/08 04:15 PM

I am starting to form group classes in the Horsham area which is near central bucks county. I am trying to figure out who might be interested in training there so I can get a general idea of what to expect. So if you are interested let me know. It would be 2 mins from the willow grove PA turnpike exit.

Re: Krav Maga schools in PA - 03/25/08 04:19 PM

Good luck with the Horsham school.
Thanks for the update on Ernie. I never trained with him but I lived right near his Kennett school.
Also, thanks for the copyright/trademark info. That is good to know.