Russian stuff

Posted by: Taison

Russian stuff - 03/12/07 01:59 AM

I don't usually browse this part of the forum, but since I've been trolling... err.. contributing in other places, I might as well share my love here as well;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDWCdVAEROw&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmxWjOxRwWc&mode=related&search=

The first one is a bit boring, the second one is bit more fun but not as much as the first one.

I see a lot of aikido and sambo influence in this Russian special forces technique.. systema?

Anyway, feel free to discuss. Or don't.

-Taison out
Posted by: JKogas

Re: Russian stuff - 03/12/07 07:55 AM

So the first one was boring and the second one wasn't as much fun as the first, lol!

Well, you could dance to it! (American Bandstand reference).

-John
Posted by: Ames

Re: Russian stuff - 03/13/07 02:29 PM

Interesting vids. I like the second one more. I think that Vladimir Vasiliev moves better though. It's a shame that none of the videos on youtube (or even the ones his organization puts out) really showcase his skills. But having 'rolled' with him, I can say that he is probably the most talented martial artist I've ever seen. He does things that seem like magic, but can explain it all in concrete terms. These clips seem like there is a greater Sambo influence.
Posted by: TomTom

Re: Russian stuff - 03/13/07 07:39 PM

I've only recently started training in Krav Maga, but not really impressed with the vids.Don't think they really do Krav justice. One of the main reasons I started Krav was the speed and precision that was being used. The vids just made it look a little clumsy. Plenty better one's out there.But plenty worse too !!!
Posted by: Taison

Re: Russian stuff - 03/14/07 12:26 AM

Sorry John, my mistake again. I was thinking in Singlish because I was talking to a friend who lives in Singapore.

I meant to say; that the first one is boring, the second one was more fun but doesn't contain as much technique as the first vid.

Semantics!

-Taison out