Beginner to Kapap...

Posted by: Simmo

Beginner to Kapap... - 12/05/06 02:56 PM

Hi,
Ive just started to learn Kapap and was wondering if there is any other form of martial art that I could learn to complement it. Kapap seems to make use of many aspects of many martial arts so it may be that learning Kapap is enough ??... Not being an expert on such matters I thought I,d ask the advice of you guys ..
Regards.
Dave..
Posted by: Glockmeister

Re: Beginner to Kapap... - 12/06/06 10:03 AM

I would suggest adding a grappling art such as sambo or bjj. also kickboxing is always good.
Posted by: Prizewriter

Re: Beginner to Kapap... - 12/06/06 12:16 PM

Agree with Glockmeister. I have heard that the level of resistance training varies for combatitive systems such as Kapap. So something that involves full contact resistance would be good, like BJJ, Boxing, Muay Thai or Judo for instance.
Posted by: casmor

Re: Beginner to Kapap... - 01/25/07 06:05 PM

Hi there, I also train kapap and as the other guys, I agree, any grapling system is a good compliment since there aren't too many ground techniques in kapap. Even when is better to stay away from the ground, sometimes you'll find yourself in that position and won't hurt you to know what to do, even if it's only to get back on your feet. What I do is a little BJJ, but any system with ground techniques will work.