some questions

Posted by: alyks

some questions - 08/25/06 02:43 PM

Ok, I live here in the Phoenix area of Arizona. The first thing I wanted to know is if anybody knew about this place? If it has a bad/good reputation.

Second, what I wanted to know is if I should "prepare" myself in anyway before signing up for a class. I know I don't have too high of a physical endurence.
Posted by: JasonM

Re: some questions - 08/25/06 03:17 PM

Hi and welcome to the forums.

I would say check the place out and see if you like it. It is hard to tell by the website and I don't personally know the instructor.

Second, I would not worry about preparing for a class. The classes will offer enough conditioning and get you where you want to be. Most likely you will start out at your own pace and increase as you endurance gets better.
Posted by: Dedicated1

Re: some questions - 08/25/06 09:19 PM

That's what I like about where I have trained, and it is also how I teach. Every one is pushed to their limits at every class and at every class the students limits increase. The biggest thing about it is, it is "your limit", not the students next to you. You only compete with yourself.
Posted by: SilkyFighter

Re: some questions - 08/26/06 05:06 AM

Welcome alyks! I would like to be the first to tell you that the school you are considering is AWESOME! I am actually a student of theirs. Jay and his staff are among the world's best. They offer so much. Whether it be you are looking for self-defense training, or fight training, or carbio training, they have it all. Everything that they do there is based around real life confrontations. The instructors are all kick ass. I am a part of the FIGHT program, which is based around BAS RUTTEN's mixed martial arts system. My friend, if you want to learn how to fight and get in great shape, you have found the right place.