Krav or Combat Tai Chi?

Posted by: RangerG

Krav or Combat Tai Chi? - 04/08/06 09:38 PM

OK..so I'm having a bit of fun as I go out the door...sue me.

I have found a lot of references to Combat Tai Chi. Since I am getting old, and old folks are supposed to do Tai Chi...I may have to ponder this.. I wonder if I can do both Krav AND Combat Tai Chi...

It also appears that if you start a thread "Krav or <insert form here>" it gets at least a thousand hits...
Posted by: globetrotter

Re: Krav or Combat Tai Chi? - 04/09/06 01:12 AM

with appologies to tai chi practitioners - Ranger, have you ever watched a class? you could fall asleep in the middle of this stuff. I seriously doubt that you will ever be that old.
Posted by: kusojiji

Re: Krav or Combat Tai Chi? - 04/09/06 12:50 PM

Quote:

with appologies to tai chi practitioners - Ranger, have you ever watched a class? you could fall asleep in the middle of this stuff.

I think maybe you need to trot more of the globe.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Krav or Combat Tai Chi? - 04/10/06 02:58 PM

I have taken a few Tai Chi classes. While not my cup of tea, you can get a bit of a sweat going doing some of the postures in the forms.

Not sure about combat Tai Chi as I don't think I have ever seen it. But RangerG is far too intense (psycho? ) for anything other than KM.
Posted by: globetrotter

Re: Krav or Combat Tai Chi? - 04/10/06 03:35 PM

Quote:

I have taken a few Tai Chi classes. While not my cup of tea, you can get a bit of a sweat going doing some of the postures in the forms.

Not sure about combat Tai Chi as I don't think I have ever seen it. But RangerG is far too intense (psycho? ) for anything other than KM.

Matt, well put - I was not so much refering to Tai Chi as to Ranger
Posted by: Dedicated1

Re: Krav or Combat Tai Chi? - 04/10/06 08:13 PM

I think your right about Ranger! Although being a little psycho helps with your attacks.
Posted by: RangerG

Re: Krav or Combat Tai Chi? - 04/10/06 08:43 PM

Quote:

I think your right about Ranger! Although being a little psycho helps with your attacks.

Who little old me?? Intense?? Psycho??

In real life I'm just like this >
Posted by: ShikataGaNai

Re: Krav or Combat Tai Chi? - 04/12/06 11:19 PM

I tried Chuan and Wudang(?) Tai Chi, which are supposed to be "fighting" styles. Judging by most of the conversations had in the Krav forum, I don't think you'd be impressed. It's a fine art, very interesting and all... but yeah