Changing of the Guard

Posted by: RangerG

Changing of the Guard - 04/08/06 06:04 PM

I have moderated the Krav forum since it's beginning, however circumstances in my life have dictated that the time has come for me to hand the forum keys to a new moderator.

Dedicated1 is a skilled Krav Instructor, and one heck of a nice guy. If there were one person I would wish to have my back in a fight, Wade would be that person.

I trust that Dedicated will post an introduction in the near future so that you may know something of his personality, background and training. I hope to heck he can spell better than I

I will continue for at least the next week to help make the transition, and of course I will continue to post on fightingarts as time permits.

I am pleased that this forum has become one of the most active Krav Forums on the web. In no small part that is due to the fine folks who post here. This forum is here for YOU to teach each other, to grow in your skills and participate in a world Krav community.

Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart, for the respect and honor you have shown me in my time here.

*Ranger exits stage left*
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Changing of the Guard - 04/08/06 06:10 PM

Thanks to you, RangerG!

Quote:

I am pleased that this forum has become one of the most active Krav Forums on the web. In no small part that is due to the fine folks who post here. This forum is here for YOU to teach each other, to grow in your skills and participate in a world Krav community.

Couldn't have said it better myself. All your work with this forum has not gone unappreciated, brother.
Posted by: Dedicated1

Re: Changing of the Guard - 04/08/06 06:40 PM

I second that! Ranger is a good friend, and an excellent student. He applies his determination to all he does, as can be seen with the way he has handled this forum. I will do my best to keep things up to his standards. As for the introduction Ranger has mentioned, I will do my best. I have studied Krav Maga for over 4 years, and have been teaching for almost two. I have trained long and hard and taken many lumps to make it this far. I am sure that I am surpassed by many in different forms of MA's. Though I am certified in Krav, and have the knowledge and resources to perform my job as moderator on this forum. I have also trained for 1 1/2 years in TKD. Though this is not a long time, my girlfriend is going for her 2nd degree black belt in TKD and is an Instructor. I have close friends who are Instructors in all forms of martial arts, F.I.S.T, Judo, TKD, etc. So I can track down the answers to most questions. As for my personality, I am very laid back, I feel everyone can have their own opinion, as they should. It is when they try to force their opinion on others that bothers me. I know we all feel that the MA that we each take is the best, and it is, but it is the best one for us. It might not be the best one for someone else, and we need to respect that. If we all just try to respect one another we will be fine. I don't want to have to edit posts, or even delete them. So think about what your posting, or the way your replying to something. If it's offensive or disrespectful it will be removed, and then you won't be sharing your point of view. I look forward to taking on the position of moderator, and if you have any questions, please send me a PM.
Thanks,
Dedicated1
Posted by: JasonM

Re: Changing of the Guard - 04/08/06 10:08 PM

Excellent intro and good luck as mod..I am sure that is not an easy job. As for Ranger, thanks for all your contributions to the forum, and off line. You rock dude..
Posted by: ShikataGaNai

Re: Changing of the Guard - 04/16/06 05:12 PM

Thanks for all you've done! I'll always be a PM away, so hit me up anytime.
Posted by: Taison

Re: Changing of the Guard - 04/20/06 05:06 AM

Welcome, and feel free to ask if you ever need assistance or information. I'm just two clicks away

Anyway, a warm welcome from your fellow mod.

-Taison out
Posted by: Dedicated1

Re: Changing of the Guard - 04/20/06 09:25 AM

Thank you! It will be nice to get to know my fellow Mod's better, all in time I suppose.