Plagued by Injuries

Posted by: Tolyn1007

Plagued by Injuries - 03/22/06 01:31 PM

Over the past two weeks, it seems like I've been plagued by injuries. All minor. Pulled hip flexor, tendinitis in my elbow, a ganglion cyst on my ankle, etc, so I keep training. Next week though I'm thinking that I need to give my body a break. I'm not scheduled to teach any KM classes next week so I thought I may just go to one BJJ class and one Hapkido class and call it a week.

When you all get minor injuries that just don't seem to go away, you take a break all together from training or just slow down?
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Plagued by Injuries - 03/22/06 02:14 PM

I have had a recurring shoulder injury that is just this side of intolerable.

Slowing down helps me to get through from week to week, but I am thinking that a proper full break in training may be in order soon, to really let it heal up some.
Posted by: AkhilleusWeeps

Re: Plagued by Injuries - 03/23/06 12:44 AM

Gah, got to hate those injurys, I've noticed though that if I stop training for a while I kind of lust for them. It's strange but if I'm not feeling atleast a bit sore it feels as if i'm not pushing my self to my full potential.

oh and btw "tendinitis in my elbow" has your hand ever been numb due to this? Mine went numb for a day last week and was wondering if it's just hardcore tendinitis?
Posted by: RangerG

Re: Plagued by Injuries - 03/23/06 10:57 PM

I am suffering thru tendinitis in my right elbow...for months now, and my right knee is giving me fits. I have had a week off due to college and Zoning Hearings, so I have had a little rest, but at the expense of very little cardio.. I have two more days of intense customer inspections at work, and then I will be back to class. At almost 51, I am worried that I am almost at the end of my window of opportunity for rolling with the 20 somethings..
Posted by: tuxette

Re: Plagued by Injuries - 03/24/06 02:55 AM

I've had problems with tendonitis in the hands and wrists in the past, and at its worse my whole arm would be "paralyzed" and "useless" (I couldn't even pick up a pencil or a glass of water). I haven't had any problems in the past 5-6 years or so, but I am vigilant about exercising my arm...