Hisardut?

Posted by: Glockmeister

Hisardut? - 02/24/06 01:02 AM

Anyone here ever train in this Israeli system? If so how is it different from Krav or Haganah? Have seen some things onine about it but have no personal experience in it. HaganaH has some of its tactics incorporated in it. Anyone have anything to share about this style?
Posted by: KMX

Re: Hisardut? - 02/24/06 01:55 AM

Hisardut is a mix of Kyukushin karate and traditional japanese ju jitsu.They train hard and make some bad ass fighters.Amir Perets from Krav Maga Worldwide was a Hisardut fighter for a long time.
It is a lot different than KM except for the hardcore mentality but thats just an Israeli thing.
Haganah/FIGHTs Hisardut comes from Moti Horenstein.
Posted by: globetrotter

Re: Hisardut? - 02/24/06 12:35 PM

no personal experience, in israel there was a very famous case where a couple of little kids, maybe 10 or so, beat up a full grown man who was trying to attack them, and they studied hisardut.
Posted by: Fletch1

Re: Hisardut? - 02/26/06 10:38 PM

I did a week long course a few years ago in Survival Hisardut with Moti. It was a bit of a hodge podge of MA techniques.

We covered traditional parry/ wristlock takedowns for knife attacks all the way to headlock escapes and triangle chokes on the ground. Interesting that it was crossover between Moti's old school martial arts and his newer MMA training.

I enjoyed the class as a workout and a chance to see the Israeli combatives up close. Moti was cool too.

As far as the practicality of the bulk of material? Not my thing.
Posted by: KMX

Re: Hisardut? - 02/27/06 02:47 AM

by the way..this is the official Hisardut site

http://www.geocities.com/hanoverd/page2.htm