Adrenaline dump

Posted by: RangerG

Adrenaline dump - 02/04/06 12:53 PM

Have any of you learned how to control it or fight thru it? Tunnel vison..time slows down..fight or flight instincts.....afterwards..shaking..exhaustion etc...
Posted by: Stormdragon

Re: Adrenaline dump - 02/04/06 04:16 PM

i've had to deal with thee adrenaline dump on a couple occasions and all i know is that is really sucks and the only way I know to handle it is by training as much as possible in as realistic as possible scenarios, get used to people attacking you in training, full force and with as much aggresiveness as is safe. the problem with most MA training in self defense, is that it is extremely unrealistic and done in a safe, artificial environment with a passive, unresisting partner, and this will do you abslolutely no good. The key I think is to make your responses to various situations so instinctual that you dont have to think about them, and it's all muscle memory, because the adrenaline dump will make it next to impossible to really think clearly, unless you have a hell of a lot of time to react and think about the situation beforehand.
Other than that you can always pick a lot of fights so you just get used to it, although that method could result in you spending a lot of time in the ER.
Posted by: Motorcycle

Re: Adrenaline dump - 02/04/06 11:54 PM

Or in jail....