What support and encouragement do you give?

Posted by: RangerG

What support and encouragement do you give? - 11/24/05 10:47 AM

To new students just joining Krav training?
To fellow students in class?
To fellow students belt testing?
To others going on to Instrutor training?

Do you go out for beers or other social functions together (depending on age of course)?

Everyone at our school tries very hard to make new folks feel welcome.

We encourage each other on in drills and skills training, helping each other push the limits of endurance....and pass them..

I go to belt tests to encourage my friends on...I sorta go back to my Army roots..I still have that Drill Instructor booming voice and drive...I will not let them quit or fail..I will get right down on the mat next to them and encourage them to do that last pushup that they just don't think they can do..

For the next three days, I am going to support my Instructor who is going for licence testing. He is the assistant Krav Instructor at our Dojo. He has made a real difference in my skills over the long haul...and this is my way of thanking him for the time and effort he has spent on me.
Posted by: Lori

Re: What support and encouragement do you give? - 11/24/05 12:00 PM

As a brand spanking new student, I have to chime in and say how a little encouragement goes a long way. It's what brought me back in the door for a second class.
Posted by: Tolyn1007

Re: What support and encouragement do you give? - 11/24/05 01:45 PM

There's always a lot of encouragement that goes into any class for both new and older students. I'm talking and pushing and encouraging and teasing for almost the entire two hours. All the people I teach are also people that generally work for me or we cross paths a lot as a result of work so it's like an extended family and when the opportunity arrises to socialize together, we generally do.