Krav Maga in the Streets

Posted by: umsangil

Krav Maga in the Streets - 08/10/05 03:40 PM

Thankfully I havent had to use my KM training in a serious situation. However I was wondering if any of you ever had to use KM specifically in a self-defense situation. And if so, did you find some moves didn't work or found some worked well? This is not advocating fighting, Im just curious because most people in the self-defense forum seem to use other styles and not KM specifically. Besides KM training is open to changes because it is geared specifically for use on the street in self defense. If something didnt work outside training maybe we could all learn from it.
Posted by: globetrotter

Re: Krav Maga in the Streets - 08/10/05 03:42 PM

I have used KM in the "street". it has been effective.
Posted by: Jango

Re: Krav Maga in the Streets - 08/26/05 08:15 AM

I think this is an interesting tread. I wonder if anyone really had any experience on the streets using KM. Am not a KM practioner myself but it would be interesting to find out how effective this self defense is.

Regards,
J.
Posted by: RangerG

Re: Krav Maga in the Streets - 08/26/05 12:16 PM

I have used it once in the street, and once at work when a guy snuck up behind me and put an arm around my throat...he was rather sorry afterwards, and since then, no one has even given me any lip..much less try anything. On the street was after a 5k race where two guys approached us where we had my truck parked...they looked like the classic crack heads... the GF and I went into fight stance..one guy kept coming..and I did a front kick push away... They decided it was not worth it... Not a huge thing...but who knows where it would have gone if we were not trained..