KM Training Question

Posted by: umsangil

KM Training Question - 07/22/05 08:04 PM

Hello my name is Dennis and im new to this forum. I recently started training in KM in Philly. However I sprained my ankle really badly and have been unable to train. Besides practicing punches I cant do much else. Being a skinny guy I know my KM training wont help all the time. Do you know any weight training exercises conducive to KM training?
Posted by: MattJ

Re: KM Training Question - 07/22/05 08:17 PM

Greetings Dennis, and welcome to the forums.

I would try looking at the Strengthening forum. Similar questions have been asked before, and there are some very knowledgeable people on there (Cord and Cownose, for 2) who can help you.
Posted by: RangerG

Re: KM Training Question - 07/23/05 06:00 PM

Quote:

Hello my name is Dennis and im new to this forum. I recently started training in KM in Philly. However I sprained my ankle really badly and have been unable to train. Besides practicing punches I cant do much else. Being a skinny guy I know my KM training wont help all the time. Do you know any weight training exercises conducive to KM training?

Hey Dennis! I train at the Thorndale location! I am in NC with Ernie and the Krav PA team. We are training with Bas Rutten and Randy Couture. When I get back I will PM you with more details about your question. I weight train, but we learned some things down here from Randy that may help you a bit. I need to have some recovery time.. Ernie clocked me in the forhead...

Re: KM Training Question - 07/24/05 04:19 AM

Thanks Matt. I read a lot of the strengthening posts and apparently Cord Cownose and Derek know A LOT. I feel good knowing I can learn from their mistakes and good advice.

Re: KM Training Question - 07/24/05 04:25 AM

Hey RangerG I havent had the opportunity to train with most of the Krav PA team let alone attend many classes. Unfortunately my @#$! ankle has kept me out of it. But definitely get back to me when you get back; training with two high caliber professionals is an incredible experience not to be kept to oneself.

P.S. Never imagined someone on this forum would train pretty close to me

Re: KM Training Question - 07/26/05 01:20 PM

Quote:

Hey RangerG I havent had the opportunity to train with most of the Krav PA team let alone attend many classes. Unfortunately my @#$! ankle has kept me out of it. But definitely get back to me when you get back; training with two high caliber professionals is an incredible experience not to be kept to oneself.

P.S. Never imagined someone on this forum would train pretty close to me

I'm back, but I'm real sore...lots of bruses and a broken pinkie...

I think we should get together sometime soon and talk shop. I'll be in touch.
Posted by: csinca

Re: KM Training Question - 07/26/05 05:42 PM

Are we allowed to use the word "pinkie" on the Krav Maga forum?

Re: KM Training Question - 07/26/05 09:54 PM

Quote:

OK...my little finger? Sheesh...
Posted by: csinca

Re: KM Training Question - 07/27/05 12:45 AM

Quote:

Quote:

OK...my little finger? Sheesh...

I was thinking something along the lines of "I compromised the structural integrity of the skeletal support in my fifth digit..."

Just kidding!

If you worked with Randy and Bas and only suffered a broken pinkie then you did well! And probably had a ton of fun doing it. I'm just jealous

Chris