krav maga programs, self defence,fighting

Posted by: jaret345

krav maga programs, self defence,fighting - 06/05/05 02:08 PM

whats the differene between the fighting program and the self defence programs is self defence nore geared towards the streets
Posted by: Equis

Re: krav maga programs, self defence,fighting - 06/06/05 02:17 AM

Are you talkingwithin KM? As far as I know KM is to Self Defend then fight and defeat the person as fast as you can to preserve your life. And pretty much in that Order, otherwise if you are the aggresor you are fighting.
Posted by: RangerG

Re: krav maga programs, self defence,fighting - 06/07/05 02:56 PM

Quote:

Are you talkingwithin KM? As far as I know KM is to Self Defend then fight and defeat the person as fast as you can to preserve your life. And pretty much in that Order, otherwise if you are the aggresor you are fighting.

The moves and counter attack within the self defense help avoid further fighting. The idea is to disarm and/or disable the attacker and then get the heck outa Dodge.... The last thing you want to do is stick around and get into a protracted fight with the attacker or his backup crew. Also protracting the fight leaves you open to legal issues.
Posted by: Equis

Re: krav maga programs, self defence,fighting - 06/07/05 04:05 PM

Also if anyone asks,say, a police officer why there is a barely concious person next to you, your respone would be "I feared for my life".
Posted by: RangerG

Re: krav maga programs, self defence,fighting - 06/09/05 11:47 AM

Quote:

Also if anyone asks,say, a police officer why there is a barely concious person next to you, your respone would be "I feared for my life".

Or in Texas it's legal to say..."He needed killin"