My KM center just going too slow on instruction!!

Posted by: Equis

My KM center just going too slow on instruction!! - 06/01/05 05:25 AM

I have taken Krav Maga since mid August 2004 with a one month absence when I got hurt at work 2 times a week. Recently I found out that I can take Intro Strike and Fight and Grappling with out "advancing" from KM1 thanks a f**king alot instructors for telling me about this. Since then I am still in the KM 1 class, which is very frustrating. When I first started I had the really hard teachers and I loved it becuase they taught us new and interesting things with the KM 1 curriculum. Since then those instructors have moved on with the same students to KM2 and KM3, leaving me stuck with a new instructor. No one told me "hey try out for the belt test", in fact I was told I may not even need to take the belt test if I did not want to, just that I know the techniques properly.

I look now to take my yellow belt test and I look at the "blue" book curriculum. That was given to me when I first started, I am very pissed off, I read off the Yellow Belt curriculum and I have to say I think I only know about 40% of what is in there.

A list of what I don't know 100%
Section 2
C. Movement on the Ground
Section 3
Eye Strike/Throat Strike
Straight Punch with Advance
Straight Punch with retreat
Straight punch Low
Hammer Fist (All Directions)
Elbows (1-7)
Section 4
Round Kick (vertical, diaganal horizontal)
Section 5
Diagonal Round Knee
Inward Angle Knee
Section 7 Punch Defenses
What can I say I don't know any of the 5 categories of punch defenses.
Section 8
I know all the choke defeness
Section 9
Headlock from side
Section 10
Soft Techniques
Wrist Realses know them all, big woopie.
Section 11 Ground Work
Still a big mystery to me of the 4 categories.

I just feel I have been wasting my time with Krav Maga I feel like I have been more at a training for Women's Self Defense against my purse being snatched. And not only that I get to work out with the most idiot and retarded of first timers whom never return after a month's worth of work out. I try to learn Krav For my Job and for my self but I get idiots making these "punching" noises with their mouths like they are at the playground or something. Or the guy who doesn't hold the focus mitts correctly after I tell him a thousand times how to hold them, or guys who kick the shields like they were made of lava.

I am just ready to give the Yellow Belt test a middle finger and Quit Krav Maga all together.
Posted by: Plantman

Re: My KM center just going too slow on instruction!! - 06/02/05 07:20 PM

Where are you rraining exactly and what organization are they a part of?

I've been training 2-3 times per week for 4 months and I have to say that I know more than 40 percent of that curriculum you posted.

Can't you get back to working with those other instructors?

Good luck!
Posted by: Equis

Re: My KM center just going too slow on instructi - 06/02/05 09:08 PM

They are part of Krav Maga Association of America from the www.kravmaga.com site.