What Non-Krav skills have you added?

Posted by: RangerG

What Non-Krav skills have you added? - 05/19/05 11:25 AM

Me:

Knife fighting
Dirty grappling
Dirty fighting
Combat tactics

Soon to add more MMA and Bas Rutten system.

Anything elsa of value that I should be looking at?
Posted by: JoelM

Re: What Non-Krav skills have you added? - 05/19/05 12:06 PM

Quote:

Me:
Dirty grappling
Dirty fighting

What exactly makes them dirty?

Quote:

Combat tactics

Wasn't Krav Maga developed for the military?

-not trying to instigate, just curious.

Re: What Non-Krav skills have you added? - 05/19/05 02:20 PM

The "dirty" comes from non-conventional tactics. It's not the honorable techniques one may be used to in most MA forms. Many of these methods are from bouncers etc... There is what looks cool in the dojo, and what works in a real life bar fight. Sometimes they are the same, and sometimes they are not. Deception, redirection, eye gouges, hair pulling, scouring the face and head, biting, etc... Stuff you would never use in the dojo....at least I hope not..

Military tactics are of the non-Krav variety as the title of the thread suggests. Some of what I learned in the military would probably never find it's way into a dojo...
Posted by: SANCHIN31

Re: What Non-Krav skills have you added? - 05/20/05 03:22 AM

Quote:

The "dirty" comes from non-conventional tactics. It's not the honorable techniques one may be used to in most MA forms. Many of these methods are from bouncers etc... There is what looks cool in the dojo, and what works in a real life bar fight. Sometimes they are the same, and sometimes they are not. Deception, redirection, eye gouges, hair pulling, scouring the face and head, biting, etc... Stuff you would never use in the dojo....at least I hope not..

Military tactics are of the non-Krav variety as the title of the thread suggests. Some of what I learned in the military would probably never find it's way into a dojo...

Not only are they not used in the dojo they are not used in KM either. Both styles can only indicate biting and gouging. What makes it useful then if you can't train for it? These dirty techniques aren't fight enders anyway, they only create openings to do more damage or escape the situation.

Re: What Non-Krav skills have you added? - 05/20/05 12:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Not only are they not used in the dojo they are not used in KM either. Both styles can only indicate biting and gouging. What makes it useful then if you can't train for it? These dirty techniques aren't fight enders anyway, they only create openings to do more damage or escape the situation.

Hence my title about other methods you have added to your skill sets IN ADDITION to Krav. It could have been TKD or any other form.

As to the dirty skills..you can practice them to a degree, but not in the dojo. I would add that many of these "dirty" methods are taught in ladies self defense courses nationwide. But that is a debate topic for another thread..
Posted by: globetrotter

Re: What Non-Krav skills have you added? - 05/20/05 01:04 PM

I would like to take a shreder seminar, that looks like a good thing to have.