KM grappling technique origins

Posted by: clammy joe

KM grappling technique origins - 05/11/05 12:22 PM

Having only recently started level 2 classes I've just started grappling in Krav. I have no previous grappling experience so know little about it. I was wondering what the techniques used in Krav are taken from, Ju Jitsu, Roman Greco, Judo and so on. One of my classmate told me Ju Jitsu but I don't know if he knew what he was talking about. I suppose some techniques are common to many styles.
Posted by: Otto_McNab

Re: KM grappling technique origins - 05/11/05 01:30 PM

Good question. I wouldn't mind knowing that myself.
Posted by: RangerG

Re: KM grappling technique origins - 05/13/05 09:32 AM

I double checked myself to be sure, but it is Ju Jitsu that Krav takes its grappling techniques from.

I will note that I have added some dirty grappling to my skills for real world situations. You never know if the person you are grappling on the floor of a bar with...may know Ju Jitsu.
Posted by: satter

Re: KM grappling technique origins - 05/16/05 05:55 AM

Quote:

I double checked myself to be sure, but it is Ju Jitsu that Krav takes its grappling techniques from.

I will note that I have added some dirty grappling to my skills for real world situations. You never know if the person you are grappling on the floor of a bar with...may know Ju Jitsu.

Or has a knife?

Krav maga uses jujitsu techniques for grapling.

Posted by: RangerG

Re: KM grappling technique origins - 05/18/05 09:45 AM

We frequently have one person with a knife hidden on them for the entire class. When grappling and you have someone almost in a submission hold, it is a surprise to have them pull a knife... It keeps you on your toes..as it were