jo or bo?

Posted by: meteorhammer

jo or bo? - 12/29/08 12:50 AM

i was thinking about training with a staff, but im not sure which one id like, jo or the bo. does anyone have any advice?
Posted by: shoshinkan

Re: jo or bo? - 12/29/08 07:31 PM

how long do you want it?
Posted by: meteorhammer

Re: jo or bo? - 12/29/08 10:28 PM

i think that five feet is a nice length but 6 is too short. and i find 4 doesnt give me enough length to work with and do my tecniques
Posted by: shoshinkan

Re: jo or bo? - 12/30/08 05:14 PM

Taylor,

Im not getting your point here - why are you looking to train with a staff, the first thing to do if that is your wish is to find a martial arts school you can regulary attend to teach you - then all the advice you will need will be given to you im sure.

Let us know what you find, im sure if we can help re locating somewhere we will.
Posted by: mambawaba

Re: jo or bo? - 01/02/09 07:00 PM

if you mentioned jo or bo you are probably inclined to japanese arts, any reason in particular? and, probably to other people that are more experienced with it (hope to not get much off topic) what are the differences in technique between bo and jo (that can probably help you make your mind and im curious) i know they have different lenghts jo (about 120cm and bo about 2m, correct me here pls) but in what differs the technique and what can make you like more about one and the other?

cheers!