Legality of Nunchaku in Seattle

Posted by: JETc17

Legality of Nunchaku in Seattle - 04/08/07 12:06 AM

Me and some buddies were at the mall today, and my friend had ordered nunchaku sticks off the Internet, with which he failed to read the waiver. I didn't think it was such a brilliant idea but he had the urge to casually swing them around. Security confronted and lectured us, then kicked us out for the day without confiscation.

Does anyone know the legality of nunchakus in Seattle, or can atleast point me in the right direction? Thanks.
Posted by: Chatan1979

Re: Legality of Nunchaku in Seattle - 04/08/07 07:53 AM

Whether they are legal or illegal or not, your friend has no business swinging them in public. Keep them at home and practice in a garge or a backyard. I woulda thrown you out as well.
Posted by: shadowkahn

Re: Legality of Nunchaku in Seattle - 04/08/07 10:47 AM

Quote:

Whether they are legal or illegal or not, your friend has no business swinging them in public. Keep them at home and practice in a garge or a backyard. I woulda thrown you out as well.

Agreed. Your friend is an idiot, sorry to say. Never pull a weapon unless you plan to use it - because if some people see you pull a weapon they're going to assume you'll be using it and they might just stop you. Cops have shot people for waving swords around before - think they'll go light on him when he pretends he's Bruce Lee?

Oh, and nunchaku are illegal in just about every jurisdiction I've seen. Apparently the "2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms" allows you to have a semiautomatic shotgun, but not 2 sticks and a piece of rope.
Posted by: Reiki

Re: Legality of Nunchaku in Seattle - 04/10/07 09:31 PM

Not a very bright idea was it?

Definitely keep them in the dojo and out of sight of the public. I trust he's actually doing some proper martial arts training...